Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dallas Reynolds
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Anyone know anything about this guy? Looks like he's a journeyman tackle/guard wiht very little upside.

Is he going to be able to hold down this position all year?
mcnabbulous
It's definitely a tough loss, but by all indications, Reynolds held up well on Sunday. He's not going to offer the athleticism of Kelce, which is the big loss.

Unfortunately, no team is going to have a great backup plan under the circumstances. Apparently Vallos looked good in the preseason, so I'm glad they brought him back.
make_it_rain
We re-signed Steve Vallos to play behind him in case things get hairy. I don't know too much about either, but I know Reynolds was on our practice squad and Vallos has been in the league for a few years, spent some time in Seattle and Cleveland.

That being said, I have no clue how he (or the rest of the line) will hold up, but what else can we do? unsure.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 19 2012, 04:25 PM) *
Anyone know anything about this guy? Looks like he's a journeyman tackle/guard wiht very little upside.

Is he going to be able to hold down this position all year?

not so much a journeyman, he has been an Eagle for the last 3 years albeit a practice squad guy.....he is young so there is an upside.....he knows the system well, knows the Mudd system and that is the most important part....Jamaal Jackson is still out there and they didn't even give him a sniff and he could be had cheap......he will be ok.
xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 19 2012, 05:29 PM) *
not so much a journeyman, he has been an Eagle for the last 3 years albeit a practice squad guy.....he is young so there is an upside.....he knows the system well, knows the Mudd system and that is the most important part....Jamaal Jackson is still out there and they didn't even give him a sniff and he could be had cheap......he will be ok.

I think he's actually 28, so I wouldn't consider that all that young. I guess he was 25 when he was drafted. Scouting reports of him aren't all that favorable.

I don't know, I guess that since we've got all that extra cap money, I was thinking there has to be someone out there with a little more experience or upside or both that we could bring in.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 19 2012, 06:11 PM) *
I think he's actually 28, so I wouldn't consider that all that young. I guess he was 25 when he was drafted. Scouting reports of him aren't all that favorable.

I don't know, I guess that since we've got all that extra cap money, I was thinking there has to be someone out there with a little more experience or upside or both that we could bring in.

the problem is learning Mudd's system which is difficult for guys who have never played that and having lots of cap space? At this time of the year who do you expect to be out there? That is like going to Walmart with an Amex black card and wanting to buy Armani............

He is bigger then Kelce and has gotten much stronger but he is slower, though he is allegedly worked on that and is quicker now than he was.....as far as the scouting reports? he has been working out with the trainers from the Eagles for 3 years plus this TC so I have to imagine he is a better player now than he was then.........I am not expecting miracles but I think he will be serviceable.
Flying Dutchman
Reynolds is bigger and stronger than Kelce. He is also a better pass blocker. Kelce's speed made him so exceptional at blocking out to the second level. Reynolds will do well. It's a Mudd call and he seems to call them right no matter who it is.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 19 2012, 06:11 PM) *

Some background on Reynolds. (Sorry, I just can't even type his first name.)

Reynolds was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Philadelphia Eagles on April 27, 2009.[4] He was waived on September 5, 2009, but was re-signed to the Eagles' practice squad on October 21 after Mike Gibson was signed off the practice squad by the Seattle Seahawks.[5] Reynolds was promoted to the active roster on December 29 after Jamaal Jackson was placed on injured reserve with a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL).[6] He was waived on September 4, 2010 during final cuts, and re-signed to the team's practice squad on September 5. He spent the entire season on the practice squad, and was re-signed to a future contract on January 10, 2011. He was waived again during final cuts on September 22, 2011. Reynolds was re-signed to the teams practice squad the following day. At the conclusion of the 2011 season, his practice squad contract expired and he became a free agent. He was re-signed to the active roster on January 5, 2012.

In game 2 of the 2012 season, Dallas Reynolds saw his first NFL action when he replaced injured starting center Jason Kelce.

Reynolds may not have the physical talent that Kelce has, but he sure as hell should know the system inside and out by now, and I think he showed that this past Sunday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.