Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm still all for firing andy reid, but...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
I did think he called a pretty balanced game.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 16 2012, 11:01 PM) *

I agree. What really surprised me is that Reid kept the balance even though the game was tight and he was not getting a lot of yards calling the runs. He has historically abandoned the run game when it was not there early. The look of R. Lewis gassed at the end of the game shows how calling a good amount of runs and controlling the clock can wear down a defense.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 16 2012, 06:01 PM) *

I don't think I saw much of that nonsensical play action compared to last week.
In fact, there was only one play Andy/Marty called that was suspect, and that was a pass play @ the 1 (the one that the replacement refs tried to call a fumble) on the game winning drive.

most of the time the drives stalled it was due to penalties or someone not being careful with the ball.

Vick was more or less allowed to be "Vick", and absent the "Favre" play he showed leadership where it counted.
Andy let Shady (and Bryce) get some touches more often, even when it wasn't producing much.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 16 2012, 06:01 PM) *

I'm not so sure I want him gone now, in the last 3 years he has turned this roster over big time and we are clearly young and talented now. The youth is the main reason for the penalty problem and I expect, as with most Reid teams, they will get better as the season progresses. Factor in that Foles looks like he could be our next starting QB when Vick is cut loose, or lost to a major injury. After he lost his son I felt so bad for him that it tempered my desire to see him leave. I would really like to see the best coach in my lifetime win it all and I think with this roster, or maybe the next, he can do just that.
Jerome Brown Experience
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Sep 16 2012, 06:42 PM) *
I'm not so sure I want him gone now, in the last 3 years he has turned this roster over big time and we are clearly young and talented now. The youth is the main reason for the penalty problem and I expect, as with most Reid teams, they will get better as the season progresses. Factor in that Foles looks like he could be our next starting QB when Vick is cut loose, or lost to a major injury. After he lost his son I felt so bad for him that it tempered my desire to see him leave. I would really like to see the best coach in my lifetime win it all and I think with this roster, or maybe the next, he can do just that.

Not to be a flaming homer, but I felt this way at the end. Seeing Kendricks, Cox and Boykins come up huge in this game (along with Ryans, who played out of his skull) made me pretty excited about where this team is right now. I have never been anti-Reid, I think he is a great coach, but now I am bought in to the program in a fairly sizeable way.
GQSmooth
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Sep 16 2012, 06:39 PM) *
I don't think I saw much of that nonsensical play action compared to last week.
In fact, there was only one play Andy/Marty called that was suspect, and that was a pass play @ the 1 (the one that the replacement refs tried to call a fumble) on the game winning drive.

most of the time the drives stalled it was due to penalties or someone not being careful with the ball.

Vick was more or less allowed to be "Vick", and absent the "Favre" play he showed leadership where it counted.
Andy let Shady (and Bryce) get some touches more often, even when it wasn't producing much.

There was a 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 play where the offense lined up with an empty backfield, had me cussing Reid and Marty out. I mean everyone knows they are going to pass in that situation but at least slow the defense down a second by at least making them acknowledge the running back in the backfield.

That being said I don't advocate firing Reid. Sure someone like Gruden would get a few more wins on the field. But Reid built the system and structure that brings consistent success here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.