Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Namdi can't play press either
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
at least not as well as we were led to believe.
CT_Eagle
He looked like absolute dog shit on that play.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 16 2012, 02:01 PM) *

He looked like a Fedskin Free Agent Signing on that play.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 16 2012, 02:01 PM) *

I don't know what it is but he's starting to piss me off with some of his blown plays. this is not the prowl bowl level of play I was expecting ... more hype than payoff it seems to me.
Reality Fan
Really? because of a touchy call? He plays the same way he played in Oakland and that stuff does not get called by regular refs........did he get beat today? he had 1 catch against him? DRC gave up more catches.

The bottom line is that Nahmdi and the secondary had a pretty damn good game today..
xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 16 2012, 05:21 PM) *
Really? because of a touchy call? He plays the same way he played in Oakland and that stuff does not get called by regular refs........did he get beat today? he had 1 catch against him? DRC gave up more catches.

The bottom line is that Nahmdi and the secondary had a pretty damn good game today..

Ah, you didn't actually watch the game, did you.

That explains alot, TBH.

The secondary played pretty well, especially in the second half, and especially boykin and drc. namdi played like shit the first half. he had one play he completely blew, badly, which was replayed half a dozen times, at the time, and probably over a dozen times throughout the game. He also had more than one catch against him. I don't care what the stats say, I saw it with my own eyes.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 16 2012, 05:26 PM) *
Ah, you didn't actually watch the game, did you.

That explains alot, TBH.

The secondary played pretty well, especially in the second half, and especially boykin and drc. namdi played like shit the first half. he had one play he completely blew, badly, which was replayed half a dozen times, at the time, and probably over a dozen times throughout the game. He also had more than one catch against him. I don't care what the stats say, I saw it with my own eyes.

and your eyes are what told you Vick sucks?

enough said....

by the way, Flacco had 22 completions and 15 of them were to 2 tight ends and Ray Rice which leaves us at 7....should I continue........? this is fun....and yes I did watch the game........did I miss one? did he have 2?

again....tell me how badly Vick sucks and how inaccurate he is?
xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 16 2012, 05:37 PM) *
and your eyes are what told you Vick sucks?

enough said....

by the way, Flacco had 22 completions and 15 of them were to 2 tight ends and Ray Rice which leaves us at 7....should I continue........? this is fun....and yes I did watch the game........did I miss one? did he have 2?

again....tell me how badly Vick sucks and how inaccurate he is?

Right, becaase we would *never* play zone defense.

rolleyes.gif

Vick is still not a very good QB, sorry.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 16 2012, 06:06 PM) *

rolleyes.gif

Yo guys...lighten up we just won two games coming from behind in the 4th quarter!

This ain't last year's team and yes they have some serious warts, but they look like a TEAM and they clearly have not quit, like last year's bunch.

Vick is not a great QB, nhamdi is human and not total shut down anymore, but we are 2-0!

Last time that happened was 2004.

If Kelce is lost for season I have grave concerns how that will affect us, but we should not be bickering after a great win!

Reality Fan
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 16 2012, 06:06 PM) *

rolleyes.gif

I just went through the game log after watching the game.........nothing longer than 6 yards to the left side passing and that was to TEs and a full back....

and play zone? he got beat playing which zone? you make no sense....was his zone suddenly the right side? did DRC and him press at the line and then switch sides of the field?

I have to stop, you make no sense......watch the game again...he took a touchy penalty that could have gone either way and most times is not called, the WR initiated contact along the sideline. My gues is that you are talking about the deep ball where he got called for illegal contact....but they took the roughing the passer call instead. Now that was a little more a a legit call but he was step for step with the WR and he didn't need to touch him so yes, it was a dumb move.

That being said, Boldin and Smith had 4 catches combined...the corners did very well.

It must kill you that super Flacco got outplayed by a guy you hate..........should we compare completion %.....I mean Nahmdi had such a bad day it must be way up there...or QB rating?........

ok...I will stop....it is not fair.....
Jerome Brown Experience
Nnamdi had the TD pass against him, which was terrible play by him, but I missed the shitshow that others are claiming here. He played a B-B+ game.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Jerome Brown Experience @ Sep 16 2012, 09:54 PM) *
Nnamdi had the TD pass against him, which was terrible play by him, but I missed the shitshow that others are claiming here. He played a B-B+ game.

yep....he got beat on that double move by Jones.......but there was not much else the rest of the game.........he was barely mentioned.......Nate Allen and Kendrichs were hitting everything that caught a pass because they were constantly throwing to TEs and RB.........hell.......Domo gave them an A...........
xsv
QUOTE (Jerome Brown Experience @ Sep 16 2012, 09:54 PM) *

The original post was right after the TD. I was frustrated with him. He played better in the 4th.

I'd agree with ta b- grade. Maybe c+. Not the 64 million dollar corner I was expecting.
CT_Eagle
He got burned on the one play. Later in the game he basically had to hug the receiver and take the PI to avoid being burned yet again. I don't recall his name much in run support. I don't think he has lived up to his billing since he became an Eagle. Hopefully he steps his game up soon.

On the other hand, Boykin had a nice game today.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 16 2012, 09:21 PM) *

Yup. Nnamdi got beat once or twice. But he shut his man dwn the rest of the game. Solid game for Nnamdi. No one. Not even Revis, is going to shut a guy out in totality. DRC was the lesser of the two this week.
GQSmooth
Nnamdi is just overpayed, decent but overpayed. His mistake was committing too much to the press without a safety to protect behind him. If he he had safety help over the top no TD or a turnover. In that situation he should have had awareness to not commit so hard to the press and stay with his man.
Pbfan
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Sep 17 2012, 10:40 AM) *
Nnamdi is just overpayed, decent but overpayed. His mistake was committing too much to the press without a safety to protect behind him. If he he had safety help over the top no TD or a turnover. In that situation he should have had awareness to not commit so hard to the press and stay with his man.

I wanted a pro bowl cb, that's what I thought we were getting. I was expecting a guy who would never have his name called during that game. It's high expectations but nothing he isn't capable of.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.