Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slam of Playcalling
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/andy-re...-thruths-091112

Ditto!
Dreagon
I'm not going to agree or disagree with that, but I will comment on an issue that author brings up. It does seem that Reid has a history of taking highly mobile QBs and trying to turn them into pocket passers.
Reality Fan
I just feel dirty if I ever agree with Jason Whitlock....how he has a job I will never know.....but Marty should be fired immediately and then there is no question who calls the plays...
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 11 2012, 04:41 PM) *

cheers.gif
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 11 2012, 09:59 PM) *
I just feel dirty if I ever agree with Jason Whitlock....how he has a job I will never know.....but Marty should be fired immediately and then there is no question who calls the plays...

Since the Eagle's brass already know who calls the plays, why don't they just fire that individual? We the fans may not know for certain but the Eagles do.
GQSmooth
Marty doesn't need to be fired. You guys listen to yourselves?? This is the number one team in the NFL in terms of yardage. There needs to be someone (football voice) upstairs to tell Reid, Marty they are passing too much. But when you get so many penalties you don't have a choice. My problem was when they would get a first down and come out with a pass. It doesn't make sense to me to play one of the worst rushing teams in the league and pass the ball too much. Making the problem even worse McCoy was averaging 5 yards a clip. McCoy had the right number of touches, Brown should have been involved earlier but his blocking needs work.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 11 2012, 02:51 PM) *
I'm not going to agree or disagree with that, but I will comment on an issue that author brings up. It does seem that Reid has a history of taking highly mobile QBs and trying to turn them into pocket passers.

McNabb was the first victim, Vick will be the next. Why he refuses to let his QBs use their god-given talents I'll never know. He gets injured as much in the pocket as he does scrambling so let the man be himself. We tried a pocket passer with Kolb but our O-Line is so porous no immobile QB can survive a game. Foles better pray he never has to be behind our line in its current state. Our QB has to wear a flak jacket. Let me repeat that, our QB has to wear a military-grade issue kevlar flak jacket. Not even the first time, McNabb had to wear one too. It's time to let Vick run and let him play streetball; it has to be all or nothing this year.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Sep 12 2012, 06:12 PM) *
Marty doesn't need to be fired. You guys listen to yourselves?? This is the number one team in the NFL in terms of yardage. There needs to be someone (football voice) upstairs to tell Reid, Marty they are passing too much. But when you get so many penalties you don't have a choice. My problem was when they would get a first down and come out with a pass. It doesn't make sense to me to play one of the worst rushing teams in the league and pass the ball too much. Making the problem even worse McCoy was averaging 5 yards a clip. McCoy had the right number of touches, Brown should have been involved earlier but his blocking needs work.

People usually give Marty a pass because they assume whatever he's calling is coming from Reid, whether before the game or during it. I totally agree with that, and if Marty is the sole person calling the plays, it certainly doesn't give Reid a pass for being 10 feet from him the whole game and not saying anything, or correcting him. Look let's just face it, Reid has said himself in interviews he'd pass every time if he could, and Marty is in his position because he thinks like Reid.

I've said I think Balt will kick our ass - our chance of beating them is if we pound Shady, our 2,000 yard back. This will give PA some credibility, and take some pressure off of our peanut brittle QB.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 12 2012, 08:05 PM) *
McNabb was the first victim, Vick will be the next. Why he refuses to let his QBs use their god-given talents I'll never know. He gets injured as much in the pocket as he does scrambling so let the man be himself. We tried a pocket passer with Kolb but our O-Line is so porous no immobile QB can survive a game. Foles better pray he never has to be behind our line in its current state. Our QB has to wear a flak jacket. Let me repeat that, our QB has to wear a military-grade issue kevlar flak jacket. Not even the first time, McNabb had to wear one too. It's time to let Vick run and let him play streetball; it has to be all or nothing this year.

I definitely agree with this. The problem with McNabb was not that he was a "fraud", Andy tried too hard to make him what he was not with the playcalling. Then McNabb actually BELIEVED it himself and it ended up being to his detriment.

99-02 McNabb was one of my favorite players in the NFL... not just because he was an Eagle, either. He was more like his Syracuse self.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 11 2012, 04:41 PM) *

except for that absolutely inane call at the 1 w/2 min left
the playcalling was much more appropriate this week. Mike Vick didn't have his back turned as much.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Sep 13 2012, 10:39 AM) *
99-02 McNabb was one of my favorite players in the NFL

He was great those years (except 2002, he did nothing special that year) through 2004. He was great again in 2008. But the other years, yes he was a fraud. The biggest fraud in NFL history. 2006 and 2007 he was not even a top 30 QB.

Frickin' bum he was. He ruined the 2007 season. He tried to ruin the year before it. All while getting sucked off by our retard fans and the media.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.