Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gilyard signed, Jarrett cut
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
No surprise. Apparently Jarrett was our worst ST performer last week, too.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 11 2012, 04:06 PM) *
No surprise. Apparently Jarrett was our worst ST performer last week, too.

This might be the best piece of eagles news we get this week huh.gif

In all seriousness though, I thought Gilyard played well during the preseason, certainly well enough to earn a spot on the team if he wasn't in the unfortunate spot of looking in from the outside on a position we're really deep at.

Jarrett is just terrible, nice to see Gilyard get a shot and the team doing a little housecleaning, even if it means our 2nd(!) round pick from 2010 is no longer with the team.
koolaidluke
he was our 2nd round pick from 2011, not 2010

is he going to the PS?

I was way more angry about us keeping Mathews than Jarrett. Shouldn't you post the Jarrett meme again?
HobbEs
Oustanding value for a 2nd round pick. Well done again Andy! rolleyes.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Sep 11 2012, 03:37 PM) *
Oustanding value for a 2nd round pick. Well done again Andy! rolleyes.gif

This convo has been had before, but that pick had Howie written all over it.
Reality Fan
does anyone know if that Sims guy got on the field?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 11 2012, 05:57 PM) *
does anyone know if that Sims guy got on the field?

I didn't think he was active. He'll likely only play special teams.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 11 2012, 04:47 PM) *
This convo has been had before, but that pick had Howie written all over it.

According to Big Red the Jarrett pick is all on him:

“That’s my responsibility. I misevaluated that,” Reid told two reporters after his Wednesday press conference. “I think one of the key things is when you make a mistake for your system that you correct it and you can’t let your ego get in the way of that. You just can’t do it.”

“I have final say on all the picks,” Reid said. “You’re going to find ones that fit into your system and some that don’t. You’re going to be right sometimes, you’re going to be wrong sometimes. That doesn’t mean that the kid can’t play in this league for somebody.”

LINK
JeeQ
Cooper should've been cut for Gilyard in the first place. Glad to see he made the team. Jarrett being dropped is just a bonus
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.