Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who are you rooting for tonight?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Jerome Brown Experience
So on a conscious level I know that the Giants are probably going to be better than the Cowboys, so I should be pulling for the Cowboys. However, I literally can't bring myself to root for the Cowboys, whereas I have already broken that mold for the Giants (I hate the Patriots. I am convinced that Bill Belichick is a massive pusher of PEDs on his players and the Patriot fanbase is insufferable).

Consequently I am going to bet on the Giants -4 and root for the Giants so that I don't spend the whole game rooting for a tsunami.

You?
koolaidluke
I always root against the Giants.

Eagles fans who passionately hate the Cowboys are delusional. No Dallas fans care about the Eagles. Every NFC East team and the Houston Texans also think that they have some "special" rivalry with the Cowboys, but they don't.
Jerome Brown Experience
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 5 2012, 03:51 PM) *

Eagles fans who passionately hate the Cowboys are delusional. No Dallas fans care about the Eagles. Every NFC East team and the Houston Texans also think that they have some "special" rivalry with the Cowboys, but they don't.

Or alternatively I could just hate the Cowboys. I really don't care if they think about us at all. Maybe you could read my piece on the Patriots for a reasonable comp.

Zero
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 5 2012, 02:51 PM) *

No, Cowboy fans and, in this case you are delusional. Why do I need a "special" rivalry to hate the Cowboys? Some people hate broccoli, I hate the Cowboys. Simple.

I couldn't give a rat's ass if Cowboy fans hate the Eagles. If they don't, there may just be some hope for them in some weird, dimensional time warp. If they do, it proves they're delusional miscreants.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Jerome Brown Experience @ Sep 5 2012, 03:07 PM) *
You?

When these 2 teams get together, I always root for Al-Qaeda to pay them a visit.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 5 2012, 03:51 PM) *

as if there was need for more proof that you have little or no clue.....and I thank the Cowboy's blogs for doing my work for me....

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011/2/14/1...-biggest-rivals

somewhere a village is missing you....
Pbfan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 5 2012, 04:43 PM) *
When these 2 teams get together, I always root for Al-Qaeda to pay them a visit.

Cant we all just get along just root for both teams to have massive injuries? Or maybe that would be bad karma for Vick...
BirdsWinBaby
WHOOPS
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 5 2012, 04:31 PM) *
No, Cowboy fans and, in this case you are delusional. Why do I need a "special" rivalry to hate the Cowboys? Some people hate broccoli, I hate the Cowboys. Simple.

I couldn't give a rat's ass if Cowboy fans hate the Eagles. If they don't, there may just be some hope for them in some weird, dimensional time warp. If they do, it proves they're delusional miscreants.

i get what you mean and yes you can hate a south american AA team if ya want...i think what he meant by delusional is that most who carry on the dallas hate believe its a rivalry

a one sided rivalry is pretty lame. its like screaming at somebody for an hour telling them what you really think of them....just to have them say they missed most of it due to thinking of a word for scrabble

anyway i dont care how it happens. NY is the better team and the bigger threat to my team's playoff chances and i need them to have as many losses as possible by season's end. one more win to help dallas get to their 8-8 record is of no consequence to me
Jerome Brown Experience
Interesting game. Both teams have weaknesses but some good strengths.

More interestingly, I can't tell the difference between these refs and the regular refs. Like......at all.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Jerome Brown Experience @ Sep 5 2012, 10:24 PM) *
Interesting game. Both teams have weaknesses but some good strengths.

More interestingly, I can't tell the difference between these refs and the regular refs. Like......at all.

Our offensive line played pretty much like what they are...a bunch of guys who barely knew each other. I thought we were going for some kind of record with offensive line penalties.

On the bright side, I'm glad we invested money and draft choices into our defensive backfield. That helped.
Jerome Brown Experience
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 5 2012, 11:38 PM) *
Our offensive line played pretty much like what they are...a bunch of guys who barely knew each other. I thought we were going for some kind of record with offensive line penalties.

On the bright side, I'm glad we invested money and draft choices into our defensive backfield. That helped.

Yes, your d-backs played great. Ogiltree probably had the game of his life, but Witten and Austin both played below expectations so you will be fine in your receiving corps. Murray looked good but he will not last all season taking those kinds of hits so yeah, your O-line needs to ratchet it up a bit in this division.

Regardless, beating the defending champs on the road to kick off the season is not at all shabby. You guys should feel pretty darned good.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 5 2012, 11:38 PM) *

I am not that sure that was the case....Victor Cruz hand hands of stone last night with 3 official drops......the Giants looked terrible and Claiborne got pushed aside by Bradshaw on his TD.........I watched a good portion of the game and I came away thinking that 1. the Giants D line was not that hot 2. The Cowboys O-line was not very good 3. Romo played a very good second half 4. the Giants D is in trouble if they don't get their secondary healthy.....I would bet that Ogletree finishes the year with less than 500 yds.......that is how bad the Giants played D.......he had over 100 yds.......it was like Riley Cooper getting 100 yds
Dreagon
QUOTE (Jerome Brown Experience @ Sep 6 2012, 10:55 AM) *
Yes, your d-backs played great. Ogiltree probably had the game of his life, but Witten and Austin both played below expectations so you will be fine in your receiving corps. Murray looked good but he will not last all season taking those kinds of hits so yeah, your O-line needs to ratchet it up a bit in this division.

Regardless, beating the defending champs on the road to kick off the season is not at all shabby. You guys should feel pretty darned good.

Yeah, I feel pretty good about it...but I'm not getting too carried away. I want to see how we play against Seattle next. I don't think the Giants brought their best game last night. We definitely need Felix to step up and take some of the load off of Murray, or if he can't we might ought to look at the Tanner kid. And I'm still frustrated that we have our center injured all through preseason and they don't get us a backup until just a week ago. Good job, Jerry dry.gif

CODE
I am not that sure that was the case....Victor Cruz hand hands of stone last night with 3 official drops......the Giants looked terrible and Claiborne got pushed aside by Bradshaw on his TD.........I watched a good portion of the game and I came away thinking that 1. the Giants D line was not that hot 2. The Cowboys O-line was not very good 3. Romo played a very good second half 4. the Giants D is in trouble if they don't get their secondary healthy.....I would bet that Ogletree finishes the year with less than 500 yds.......that is how bad the Giants played D.......he had over 100 yds.......it was like Riley Cooper getting 100 yds

Yep. Cruz blew some big opportunities. The improvement I'm talking about when it comes to Claiborne and Carr is that we were actually playing so much press coverage. That was something we didn't dare do last year...especially against Eli. Being able to do that this year changed our run defense and other parts.
Ogletree benefitted from them paying a lot of attention to Austin and Bryant. They really seemed determined not to give those two much on the outside, but that kept opening up Ogletree on the slant and I guess Tony was happy to take it. I wonder if his targeting of Ogletree so much also had anything to do with not wanting to let Witten get hit much. Usually, Romo goes to Witten in a lot of those situations.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.