Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this the 1st time since 2000...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
koolaidluke
... that going into the season nobody considers us a Superbowl contender? The only other season that I remember people being as pessimistic about was 06 and even then some people had high hopes for the team. I know I did and I don't think I was the only one.

I have never in my years of Eagles fandom (started following the Eagles during Rhodes last season) seen the fans so despondent and resigned before a season started.

Any chance that this is a contrarian indicator that we will actually end up having a great year?
Mr. Bonko
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 1 2012, 01:19 PM) *
Any chance that this is a contrarian indicator that we will actually end up having a great year?

Nope, not a chance. We simply have no chance this year. I can't remember a year like this either. We just have way too many holes.
Dreagon
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 1 2012, 12:19 PM) *
... that going into the season nobody considers us a Superbowl contender? The only other season that I remember people being as pessimistic about was 06 and even then some people had high hopes for the team. I know I did and I don't think I was the only one.

I have never in my years of Eagles fandom (started following the Eagles during Rhodes last season) seen the fans so despondent and resigned before a season started.

It could be worse. You could be going into the season with everybody proclaiming you to be the team to beat, and a true Super Bowl contender. That's like the kiss of death.
JeeQ
If anyone doesn't think we can win the Super Bowl this year I can question them as a fan. Every team in the league has the exact same odds of winning the championship. I can guarantee you no one outside of a 49er fan saw them being one game from the bowl at the start of the season. Anyone predict that an 8-8 Tebow led Broncos team would taking out the Steelers? Did anyone think the Broncos would even make the playoffs at all? How about the Giants being one win above a .500 record and winning the entire thing?

If your a player/coach on the Eagles and you don't think your a Super Bowl contender, quit now and stop wasting everyone's time

If you don't believe your team can win every game, every year, then you're not a fan. Why even bother watching?
koolaidluke
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 2 2012, 03:26 PM) *
If anyone doesn't think we can win the Super Bowl this year I can question them as a fan. Every team in the league has the exact same odds of winning the championship. I can guarantee you no one outside of a 49er fan saw them being one game from the bowl at the start of the season. Anyone predict that an 8-8 Tebow led Broncos team would taking out the Steelers? Did anyone think the Broncos would even make the playoffs at all? How about the Giants being one win above a .500 record and winning the entire thing?

If your a player/coach on the Eagles and you don't think your a Super Bowl contender, quit now and stop wasting everyone's time

If you don't believe your team can win every game, every year, then you're not a fan. Why even bother watching?

"Can" is one thing. "Likely" is something else.

I'm sure most Browns fans expect their team to be awful this year, and they are correct to do so.

It doesn't seem too many people are predicting that the Eagles will suck, but basically nobody has them winning the division and I get the feeling most fans doubt they will even win a playoff game.
HOUSEoPAIN
Every team in the league has the exact same odds of winning the championship

This is quite possibly the stupidest sentence I've seen on this board yet - no small feat mind you. Do me a favor and become a Vegas bookmaker - I'll be your best customer.

Anyone predict that an 8-8 Tebow led Broncos team would taking out the Steelers?

Yes. I did. Made some good money off that pick too.

Why even bother watching?

Because we're 'fans' - you have every right to mindlessly predict a 19-0 year.....I used to do the same thing when I was 14. Most of us choose to live on planet earth.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.