Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A little disappointed in the roster
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
i was happy they kept Edwards over Kafka.

But with all the depth we have at DL, we originally kept 11 guys, we could not produce one player at posiiton of need.

We ended up getting S Sims from Cleveland for a conditional draft pick, a guy who was a a PS player last year, and has like one game experience since he was drafted two years ago.

One other thing that's a little disappointing, is that 30 pf the 53 players have two years or less experience.

I would imagine if you compare that to the '04 team, we just don't have enough veteran players.

Anyone else concerned of our eight man OL? I'm not impressed. And the nine was considered so weak that Vanderwelde was cut to add Sims.

I thought we had marketable depth.

It appears I was wrong.
koolaidluke
The OL is a problem. Bell might improve as he adjusts to Mudd's scheme but that is a big if and even if he does, there is still little quality depth. Reynolds might be a serviceable backup C but Kelly seems to blow, and considering how much Herremens gets hurt, he might need to play.

Losing our best OL before the season even starts was definitely painful.

Pretty happy with the rest of the roster. I don't know why you would be dissapointed that we have a bunch of young players. Our key players on O are all vets as are 9 of our defensive starters.
TGryn
The Browns fans appear fairly unhappy at losing Sims. That's something. However, Heckert's not incompetent either, so my expectations aren't that high.

I'd be very surprised if Vanderwelde doesn't end up on the PS, which makes him effectively the 9th OL again.
Pbfan
QUOTE (TGryn @ Sep 1 2012, 10:37 AM) *
The Browns fans appear fairly unhappy at losing Sims. That's something. However, Heckert's not incompetent either, so my expectations aren't that high.

I'd be very surprised if Vanderwelde doesn't end up on the PS, which makes him effectively the 9th OL again.

I was hoping for a good OL before the season started. I don't know if FAs were out there but starting the season with 20m in cap room leaves something to be desired. Why not pick up a good starter?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.