Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Final cuts are out
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
TGryn
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/art...6a-8f5beff792d5
Eagles Release 19 Players
Player Note
S Oshiomogho Atogwe Veteran safety could not shake off nagging hamstring injury.
TE Brett Brackett Former college receiver still a passing game threat, still raw as a blocker.
LB Keenan Clayton Athletic 2010 fourth-round pick caught up in the numbers game at linebacker.
DT Landon Cohen Signed by the team yesterday for help against the Jets.
TE Chase Ford Miami product still a promising prospect as an all-around tight end.
WR Mardy Gilyard Opened eyes with his touchdown receptions during the preseason, caught up in tough position.
WR Chad Hall Versatile weapon who has shown he belongs in the league. Still practice squad eligible.
CB Joselio Hanson Veteran nickel cornerback released on cut day for second straight year.
FB Emil Igwenagu Stanley Havili wins the fullback job, though Igwenagu impressed with versatility.
T D.J. Jones Solid swing tackle stuck behind King Dunlap, Demetress Bell and Dennis Kelly.
WR Marvin McNutt Rookie sixth-round pick flashed in Training Camp.
LB Adrian Moten Failed to establish himself behind top six linebackers.
DT Ollie Ogbu Acquired from Colts on the first day of Training Camp. Still practice squad eligible.
LB Ryan Rau Former tryout player opened eyes with impressive play in final two preseason games.
DE Monte Taylor Talented pass rusher stuck at the team's deepest position.
S Phillip Thomas Undrafted rookie who impressed against the Browns. Not quite ready for prime time.
DT Frank Trotter Workmanlike defensive tackle.
OL Steve Vallos Worked way up to second-team center, appears to have ceded job to Dallas Reynolds.
OL Brandon Washington Sixth-round pick still adjusting to Howard Mudd's techniques.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Atogwe back, like any vet if he'd made the opening day roster his contract would have been guaranteed for the rest of the year AFAIK. If they resign him, its basically a week-to-week contract.

I assume Hanson will end up with the Browns or Colts, teams that have former Eagles guys running their front offices.

Clayton was basically a victim of the depth at DL, he just wasn't as good as our 3rd string DL are and it became a roster space issue.

I believe all the cuts are eligible for the PS except Atogwe, Clayton, Cohen, Hanson, and Vallos.
MistahNickells
wow I thought for sure we were going to keep Gilyard he was pretty explosive last preseason game
koolaidluke
so what QB did we cut?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Aug 31 2012, 03:30 PM) *
so what QB did we cut?

Sounds like they are trying to trade Kafka. Edwards appears to have made the team. According to the Twitters.
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 31 2012, 04:36 PM) *
Sounds like they are trying to trade Kafka. Edwards appears to have made the team. According to the Twitters.

They appear to be looking for a trade for Kafka and McBriar. In a rare moment of prescience (in the midst of my senility) I called McBriar, Hanson and Atogwe a few days ago.
Flying Dutchman
I hope that Thomas, Rau, Brackett, Gilyard, Washington and Trotter make it through and end up on the PS. Ain't gonna happen but we can wish anyhow.
koolaidluke
who the hell is McBriar?

Trade for Kafka. What a joke. Who is going to trade anything for him? Give me a break.
koolaidluke
On the official board AF is being a pretentious douche.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 31 2012, 03:36 PM) *

It's official.

Edwards makes it, Kafka cut.

Still need to cut one more as they have 54 still on the team and need to get to 53 by 9PM. They still have both punters so either Henery or McBriar should be the last cut.
make_it_rain
Why oh why did Matthews and Jarrett make the team?

Jarrett I guess I could see, as there's really no one else behind him, but Matthews?

Is it like a pride thing? Not wanting to admit that we completely whiffed on a few second round picks?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Aug 31 2012, 05:52 PM) *

Apparently, one DOES just simply keep him..... biggrin.gif
koolaidluke
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Aug 31 2012, 05:52 PM) *

Jarrett I guess I could see, as there's really no one else behind him, but Matthews?

Is it like a pride thing? Not wanting to admit that we completely whiffed on a few second round picks?

Mathews was a 4th rounder.

I agree that Jarrett sucks but it wasn't like we had anybody else so I don't mind. Mathews, though, just makes zero sense. He sucks. Rau at least showed potential. Remember last year when Mathews (who's specialty is supposed to be coverage) got burned on a go route by Brandon Jacobs? I think Jacobs must run the 40 in about 5.0. Mathews is just a bad player.

Although he did play pretty well at the end of last season, I'll give him that. Still don't really get it. And then they cut Clayton who I really liked.

I hope they know what they're doing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.