Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Play like your hair is on fire
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
In April, I wouldn't have been surprised if Akeem Jordan wasn't an Eagle this year. Now, he's the starting WILL:
"He didn't come out of the blue," middle linebacker DeMeco Ryans said. "We understand our linebacker room ... We knew it was going to be a tight competition. 'Dream' got the job, so congrats to him for that and he worked his butt off to get it, and he deserves it." After entering the pros as an undrafted rookie in 2007, Jordan has had to fight for everything he's earned. It's unsurprising, then, that he's ready to work hard to prove the coaches right.

"Nothing is a given and nothing is written in stone," Jordan said. "That's why you go out and play like you're hair is on fire."

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 26 2012, 06:46 PM) *
In April, I wouldn't have been surprised if Akeem Jordan wasn't an Eagle this year.

I wouldn't have guessed he'd be starting, but I'm not toally shocked, he's shown some promise in the past. Maybe some influence from Ryans helped.
koolaidluke
One thing that improved our D last year was replacing the useless Fokou with Jordan. Jordan is a player.

I still like Rolle, but lining up offsides twice is definitely the kind of mistake that's gonna get you benched.
mcnabbulous
I've always liked Jordan. His issues seems to be getting worn down over the course of the season.
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Aug 27 2012, 02:19 PM) *
I wouldn't have guessed he'd be starting, but I'm not toally shocked, he's shown some promise in the past. Maybe some influence from Ryans helped.

Jordan has talent and usually plays well for 2-3 weeks. Once he's dinged up, he turns full on coward. He's done it every year.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 27 2012, 08:27 PM) *
Jordan has talent and usually plays well for 2-3 weeks. Once he's dinged up, he turns full on coward. He's done it every year.

Yeah and it may happen again this year - but hopefully with some good talent by his side he'll perform throughout the season. We'll have to see.
Pbfan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Aug 27 2012, 08:34 PM) *
Yeah and it may happen again this year - but hopefully with some good talent by his side he'll perform throughout the season. We'll have to see.

I'm excited about our LB corps. With our improved d-line I am interested to see how many sacks we'll get. We may even see a little return of the great JJ's
D-style.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.