Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Phillies Love??
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Friday marked the one year anniversary of the Cardinals being 10.5 games out of a wild card spot.

We all know how that ended.

The Phils who were 10.5 back are now 9.5 back, actually a game ahead where the Cards ended up a year last night.

Is there hope?

Well, FWIW, ESPN says their odds to make the playoffs are 0.1%. sad.gif

Ouch!

Kindly return to marking up your Eagles depth charts and cut lists.....................................
Reality Fan
at least they are now watchable......
koolaidluke
Uh, no. I told you guys after they won the world series to enjoy it because the homo Phillies would suffer forever for ruining Philadelphia and I was right. The next year they lost the world series, then they didn't even make it and this year they won't even make the playoffs. What a bunch of worthless pieces of shit.

Baseball is gay and the Phillies are done forever. The fans can keep talking about them but nothing will bring them back. The Phillies era is over.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 26 2012, 08:29 AM) *
Friday marked the one year anniversary of the Cardinals being 10.5 games out of a wild card spot.

We all know how that ended.

The Phils who were 10.5 back are now 9.5 back, actually a game ahead where the Cards ended up a year last night.

Is there hope?

Well, FWIW, ESPN says their odds to make the playoffs are 0.1%. sad.gif

Ouch!

Kindly return to marking up your Eagles depth charts and cut lists.....................................

I won't write them off until they are close to being mathematically eliminated - as I've said before, I wrote them off in '07 and '08, and swore at minimum I would give them the chance to come backfrom now on. They look pretty good lately, we've lost about 25 games due to our shitty bullpen, which now seems to be at least competent. I think Frandsen has earned a shot to start at 3rd next year, and Kratz will make good trade-bait.
Reality Fan
I am just thrilled that Werth had such a shitty series after his comments when he got hurt.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 26 2012, 07:02 PM) *
I am just thrilled that Werth had such a shitty series after his comments when he got hurt.

Philly fans booing Werth validates many of the bad stereotypes about our fanbase. It's embarrassing.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 26 2012, 07:35 PM) *
Philly fans booing Werth validates many of the bad stereotypes about our fanbase. It's embarrassing.

Yeah I don't get this either.

so he took twice the amount of money we were offering, and it's iffy if we even offered that. I understand why we couldn't offer him 120M and I wouldn't have offered him that, but I don't fault him for taking it.

He said some not too pleasant things earlier this year, but that was after an entire year of inexplicable boos.

I'm as hard assed Philly boobird as they come but I don't understand this one and even I was alittle embarrassed by it,.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 26 2012, 08:35 PM) *

any city boos players that leave for another team, it is not unique to Philly which leads me to a bigger issue I have with fan perception in general. There is a suit going on right now where 2 fans are suing the 49ers because one was stabbed after the game and the other shot 4 times while trying to help him. The backstory that comes out tells just how much worse it is there than here but we never hear about that in the media. The article I read quotes Joe Montana relating a story about Bill Walsh telling his players to have their families stay home when they play the Raiders because it wasn't safe for them to come to the game.........and Philly fans are bad? maybe we should have shot Santa Claus so we could fit in......

As far as Werth goes......the booing he got was expected and the little booing he got when he got hurt was due to the fact that the injury was not easily seen from the stands. Philly fans have booed Michael Irvin when he got hurt because he was Michael Irvin but by and large the crowds at games are largely respectful toward injuries.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 26 2012, 08:48 PM) *
I'm as hard assed Philly boobird as they come but I don't understand this one and even I was alittle embarrassed by it,.

His first time back he got a huge standing ovation as he should've - after that, he's the enemy. If he didn't make those comments I doubt he'd have been booed like that, but remember where it's at now - we have a legit rivalry with the Nats now, and they're looking way down on us from first place, and they've been chirping all year. At least he didn't get any batteries thrown at him.
mcnabbulous
Weren't his comments made after fans cheered when he injured the wrist that almost ended his career earlier?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 27 2012, 10:31 AM) *
Weren't his comments made after fans cheered when he injured the wrist that almost ended his career earlier?

According to Werth, fans were jeering him when he broke his wrist, as he was led off the field. He then said he was motivated to make sure Phillies fans 'never walked down Broad Street in celebration again.' Were a couple people in the stands jeering him? Maybe. Did he have to shittalk an entire fan base in an e-mail to a Washinton Post writer? No. Assuming there were hecklers, did they know the extent of his injury? Doubtful, same with Michael Irvin way back. Does he deserve to get booed now? It doesn't reflect poorly on us IMO, he's earned it - and it WAS nice to see him have such a shitty series in getting swept.
mcnabbulous
Ehhh...I'm forever grateful to the '08 squad. Those guys get a lifetime pass from me.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Aug 27 2012, 11:27 AM) *
According to Werth, fans were jeering him when he broke his wrist, as he was led off the field. He then said he was motivated to make sure Phillies fans 'never walked down Broad Street in celebration again.' Were a couple people in the stands jeering him? Maybe. Did he have to shittalk an entire fan base in an e-mail to a Washinton Post writer? No. Assuming there were hecklers, did they know the extent of his injury? Doubtful, same with Michael Irvin way back. Does he deserve to get booed now? It doesn't reflect poorly on us IMO, he's earned it - and it WAS nice to see him have such a shitty series in getting swept.

what cracks me up with Werth is he hit 232 last year, as if he could do anything without protection in the lineup. He started off hot back from the DL but he is already on the way back down......love it.....
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 27 2012, 02:39 PM) *
what cracks me up with Werth is he hit 232 last year, as if he could do anything without protection in the lineup. He started off hot back from the DL but he is already on the way back down......love it.....

Yeah we see what happens when you're surrounded by Utley, Howard, and Feliz, and then have to be the guy who does it all. He's laughing all the way to the bank though.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Aug 27 2012, 09:33 PM) *
Yeah we see what happens when you're surrounded by Utley, Howard, and Feliz, and then have to be the guy who does it all. He's laughing all the way to the bank though.

very true....I wonder if he at least took those guys to dinner
HOUSEoPAIN
biggrin.gif

At .500, 4 1/2 games out, 6 wins in a row. We have a race here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.