Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My guess at the final roster
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
with only the fourth game left that doesn't show much normally, I figured I'd take a shot at the final 53. This year, more than I remember in years past, it has odd numbers at some of the positions. I just think that the 5th person at one spot was better than the third person at another spot and so on. I also list my grade for the starting talent and depth at each position. This assumes that Peters, Patterson and Anderson start on the PUP or IR.

QB (3)- Vick, Foles, Edwards (Talent = B+, Depth = B ) With Vick being Vick, need the Vet as #3
RB -(4) McCoy, Lewis, Brown, Polk (A, B+) If Polk cna dabble at FB, may make Havilli expendable when guys are back
FB -(1)Havilli (D, N/A) Only a stop gap. Can't imagine going into season with no FB. RB's too talented to cut any.
WR (6)- Jackson, Maclin, Avant, Cooper, Johnson, Hall (B+, B )
TE -(3) Celek, Harbor, Brackett (B, C)
OT -(4) Herremans, Dunlap, Bell, Kelly (B, C)
OG -(4) Mathis, Watkins, Vanderwelde, Gibson (B-, D)
C - (1)Kelce (B+, D) backup center is Gibson
K -(1) Henery (C, N/A)
P - (1)McBriar (B, N/A)
LS - (1)Dorenbos (B, N/A)

DE - (6)Babin, Cole, Hunt, Curry, Graham, Tapp (A, A+)
DT - (4)Jenkins, Landri, Cox, Thornton (B, B+)
LB - (6)Kendricks, Chaney, Jordan, Ryans, Rolle, Matthews (C, C-)
S - (3)Allen, Coleman, Atogwe (D, D)
CB - (5)Cromartie, Asomugha, Hanson, Boykin, Lindley, (B-, C+)

Last Five Guys Who Made it - Polk, Havilli, Hall, Brackett, Kelly
Last Five Cuts - Dixon, Clayton, Hughes, Thomas, Jarrett

This sets up a trade need. Get rid of Tapp for a veteran OL who can play OT & OG. Should be able to do.
D Rock
I go with Clayton over Matthews and don't see 6 WRs so Hall goes. Also add a 4th safety.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 25 2012, 06:27 PM) *
I go with Clayton over Matthews and don't see 6 WRs so Hall goes. Also add a 4th safety.

agree....Clayton goes nowhere, he is a special teams player..........Matthews was irrelevant this preseason.

also....if Polk stays Havili is gone.....no impact either way but I don't think Polk stays....he was ok but if you are that "talented" you break a few playing the scrubs.....like Brown did..(personally I would not cry if Polk stayed and Lewis went away..he does nothing for me)

I like that LB Rau but he may be practice squad material.....

Flying Dutchman
I'ld expect Hanson, Atogwe and McBriar to go and Hughes, Thomas and Henry to stay. When it's close, Andy is gonna keep the youngster with potential to become better.
Reality Fan
Can't agree with Henry though.....I think what little chance he had left when he punted into the endzone Friday night.......it didn't help that McBriar left his at the 2.

I agree with Hanson though I am surprised that he was not an early cut to get an early chance to hook up somewhere else.
Zero
QUOTE (Flying Dutchman @ Aug 26 2012, 07:34 AM) *
I'ld expect Hanson, Atogwe and McBriar to go and Hughes, Thomas and Henry to stay. When it's close, Andy is gonna keep the youngster with potential to become better.

I'll be surprised if Hanson or McBriar go.
D Rock
likewise Atogwe. No way he goes.
Reality Fan
and I forgot about Anderson.....he will start on the PUP list but what happens when he is ready?

Patterson is sounding more and more like a candidate for the IR
mcnabbulous
McBriar cut today.
xsv
I think I'd cut Hall and Havili and keep Clayton and Jarrett.

Then I would only keep Jarrett around until we could pick up someone better off waivers.

They also might try to stash Polk or Brown on the PS and keep Havili.
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 26 2012, 02:30 PM) *
I'll be surprised if Hanson or McBriar go.

Two days to go and rumors are getting stronger that both are on their way out. Atogwe needs a big game tomorrow to hold on to a spot. I see Phillip Thomas coming on instead.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 29 2012, 04:36 PM) *
I think I'd keep Clayton and Jarrett.

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Aug 30 2012, 09:37 AM) *

Wow. I can't believe you created a meme for that. That's just awesome.

make_it_rain
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Aug 30 2012, 11:28 AM) *
Wow. I can't believe you created a meme for that. That's just awesome.

hahah, some players are so bad, mere words won't allow me to properly express my disdain for them. In those cases I turn to gifs/pictures/memes etc.

Jarrett is that bad.

Is there anyone else we can use or pick up at safety besides *shudder* keeping this scrub on the team? Anyone?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Aug 30 2012, 03:24 PM) *
Is there anyone else we can use or pick up at safety besides *shudder* keeping this scrub on the team? Anyone?

I'm all for giving Dawkins another year - why the hell not? At bare minimum, he'd be an extremely valuable locker room voice and mentor to our safety scrubs.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Aug 30 2012, 03:46 PM) *
I'm all for giving Dawkins another year - why the hell not? At bare minimum, he'd be an extremely valuable locker room voice and mentor to our safety scrubs.

as twisted as it sounds I agree with you......he would be no worse than Jarrett and one hell of a coach in uniform and some much needed attitude
nephillymike
Well as of now, there are 54 and one of the punters will go to make it 53 (Henery and McBriar still here, which is REALLY strange if you think about it)

Here's where I missed;

I had Atogwe, they kept Jarrett.

I kept Hanson, they kept Marsh

I kept Brackett and Hall they kept Dixon and Hughes (interesting they went with TWO more on D, which leads me to believe for sure that one D player will go vis trade)

On the last one, I had Gibson who got hurt and went to IR, so the fact that they kept Reynolds isn't really a miss.

I may have missed on McBriar if they keep Henrery but maybe not.

No way they keep 11 DL's.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 30 2012, 04:32 PM) *
as twisted as it sounds I agree with you......he would be no worse than Jarrett and one hell of a coach in uniform and some much needed attitude

cheers.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.