Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two things to feel good about...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Mr. Bonko
1. We may go undefeated in the preseason. Woooohooooo!!!!!

2. Once Vick goes down, Foles might be good enough to lead us to 5-6 total wins this season. Better than the 3-13 I had been expecting. Then we can trade one of them (Vick/Foles) for a 2nd rounder that we use to trade down and draft 4 round 4 or 5 LBs who all suck.

I hate this team.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Aug 25 2012, 12:02 PM) *

2. Once Vick goes down, Foles might be good enough to lead us to 5-6 total wins this season. Better than the 3-13 I had been expecting. Then we can trade one of them (Vick/Foles) for a 2nd rounder that we use to trade down and draft 4 round 4 or 5 LBs who all suck.

I hate this team.

look on the bright side........you engender similar feelings......

now don't kick the dog, beat the wife or beat the kids....smile and have another beer........
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Aug 25 2012, 12:02 PM) *

I hate this team.

This is pessimistic even for me. Surely we can squeeze out 9 or 10 wins before losing in the first round, no?
Mr. Bonko
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Aug 26 2012, 02:34 PM) *
This is pessimistic even for me. Surely we can squeeze out 9 or 10 wins before losing in the first round, no?

Highly doubtful. But who cares. I am putting my SLBs on Craigslist. Just not worth it. I am so disgusted with this team that I find myself root against them.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Aug 26 2012, 08:48 PM) *
Highly doubtful. But who cares. I am putting my SLBs on Craigslist. Just not worth it. I am so disgusted with this team that I find myself root against them.

what is it about this year that tipped you over the edge? It seems they have had a great offseason. Was your mind made up after last season?

how much do you want for the SLBs? and where are your seats?
Zero
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Aug 26 2012, 07:48 PM) *

It's only preseason! At least wait to jump off the bridge until game four or so. It's PRESEASON, you can't measure a team yet.
Mr. Bonko
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 26 2012, 08:50 PM) *
what is it about this year that tipped you over the edge? It seems they have had a great offseason. Was your mind made up after last season?

how much do you want for the SLBs? and where are your seats?

How do they disgust me, let me count the ways:

1. Andy is still the HC.
2. Juan Castillo, enough said.
3. Peters out, Bell bust, queen at LT
4. Vick can't make it through a series.
5. Safety
6. LB is still a cluster. Ryans looking like he is going to be a major disappointment

I'm not really going to sell my SBLs. I guess I was venting.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Aug 27 2012, 06:54 AM) *

1. Andy is still the HC.
5. Safety
6. LB is still a cluster. Ryans looking like he is going to be a major disappointment

ok....I guess we will agree to disagree on some and look at things differently on others.

1. I like Andy Reid
2. While not a sexy choice, Castillo's defense still finished in the top 10 in pts and yds against in his rookie year as DC, while they had some bad moments, the offense was far more the reason than the D.
3. Do you really blame the Eagles for Peters injury? and who else was out there besides Bell? They at least protected themselves with his contract. King Dunlap is what he is, at least he has looked good so far.
4. hard to argue that one
5. hard to argue that one also
6. Ryans has looked better each game and Kendricks looks great.....

I am never a pie in the sky guy but I thought they had a great offseason sans the Peter injury......we shall see.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Aug 27 2012, 05:54 AM) *

1. Andy is still the HC.
5. Safety

1. There are a lot of teams out there that would love to have Reid for a coach.
2. That experiment hasn't had a chance to play out yet. But there are a lot worse defenses out there.
3. Injuries happen. We've had twelve starters sitting through most of preseason, and Miles Austin has already pulled his hamstring. (they ought to just give it its own number as much as it shows up as an issue).
4. Vick is a good QB, but yeah...health is a concern there.
5. Every team out there has a position of weakness. We ain't exactly stacked at safety either, although we're a little better now.
6. I wonder if that's just a feature of Reid teams. He doesn't seem to focus much on linebackers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.