Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Freeney trade rumors
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
That's the word on the Twitters. Another DE?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 23 2012, 12:22 PM) *
That's the word on the Twitters. Another DE?

Yeah in theory - what would they want in return though? Probably not anything we'd want to give up at this point.
JeeQ
Haven't heard anything about this, but my only question would be why? We're absolutely stacked at DE. We have too many in fact
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 23 2012, 12:44 PM) *
We're absolutely stacked at DE. We have too many in fact

No such thing as 'too many' - can you imagine rotating Babin, Cole, and Freeney? It's almost unfair to the opponent - my point is that since we're stacked at DE, we wouldn't want to meet their demands in order to get him, but in theory keep on stacking our defense with talent.
mcnabbulous
It's likely BS. Irsay posted something about trades brewing, and people started speculating.
Eyrie
Could be a trade for one of our DEs that the Colts think fits their system.

Hard to see us bringing in another DE with Cole, Babin and Curry already locks to make the roster and Graham and Hunt earning their spots with good play. Could be either of that pair or Tapp on the way out.
Reality Fan
the reality of our roster right now is that several good players will be cut......if a trade were to materialize it would be a way to get something back for those players otherwise cut. The Colts would get first dibs on those players before the rest of the league got to join the bidding
TGryn
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 23 2012, 11:41 AM) *
the reality of our roster right now is that several good players will be cut......if a trade were to materialize it would be a way to get something back for those players otherwise cut. The Colts would get first dibs on those players before the rest of the league got to join the bidding

Maybe, but in general any team's garbage rarely brings anything back that's worthwhile. Freeney's 32, so he's not going to be around by the time the Colts get back to the playoffs with Luck, therefore it makes sense to move him. Grigson brought in a lot of our guys, so he probably has a few targets in mind - Graham? Allen? Lewis? I have no idea.

I think a lot depends on what Washburn thinks of Freeney, too.

http://www.nfl.com/player/dwightfreeney/2505016/profile
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.