Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reid names Foles starting QB!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
TGryn
Well, at least for Friday's game:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/...l-start-friday/
Coach Andy Reid confirmed Wednesday that Nick Foles will be Philly’s starting quarterback on Friday night against the Browns. Reuben Frank of CSNPhilly.com also passes along word that Foles is expected to play about a half while the rest of the Eagles starters play a quarter.

With Vick banged up and Kafka out with his broken hand, the only other option was Edwards. That would have been OK, but at this point why not see what the rookie can do against a starting defense? If he struggles, it gives him something to learn from, and if he does well, we might be looking at him being the backup for this year, which would exceed most everybody's expectations for him in 2012.
koolaidluke
I'm beginning to get really pessimistic about this season
Zero
It's funny to hear what most people have to say about Foles now compared to what most said about him when he was drafted.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (TGryn @ Aug 22 2012, 08:40 PM) *
With Vick banged up and Kafka out with his broken hand, the only other option was Edwards. That would have been OK, but at this point why not see what the rookie can do against a starting defense? If he struggles, it gives him something to learn from, and if he does well, we might be looking at him being the backup for this year, which would exceed most everybody's expectations for him in 2012.

If he looks comfortable and performs against a starting defense I'd feel pretty good about our depth. He has a good deal of pressure on him knowing he's at the top of the list for #2, and everyone knows our #2 will get playing time in the regular season. Let's see what happens.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 23 2012, 10:35 AM) *
It's funny to hear what most people have to say about Foles now compared to what most said about him when he was drafted.

That would include me, who questioned the wisdom of taking a QB.

But, although I've not seen his preseason games, everything I've read makes me think I may have been wrong.
Phits
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 23 2012, 01:55 PM) *
everything I've read makes me think I may have been wrong.

....or it's just the pre-season
koolaidluke
QUOTE (Phits @ Aug 23 2012, 06:39 PM) *

Exactly, none of this bullshit means a god damn thing.

The only thing we've learned from this season is that Vick was lying when he said he had changed. He will never do anything to avoid a hit. He would rather Foles/Kafka play 8 games this season than give up some meaningless extra yard at the tale end of a 30 yard run. Because he is such a "competitor". Fuck Vick.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Phits @ Aug 23 2012, 11:39 PM) *

For once I'd rather be wrong and find that we do have a future star in Foles. But the real test will indeed come once he's played a few games and there is enough tape for teams to plan for him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.