Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This team looks like its in deep shit!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
From the play on the field and Vick injury to the Reid and Jenkins screaming match. Fugly. Fugly.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 20 2012, 09:13 PM) *
From the play on the field and Vick injury to the Reid and Jenkins screaming match. Fugly. Fugly.

good thing Vick's scan turned up negative

but all the penalties, and the sloppy defensive play (mostly in the secondary... the Eagles are good on D-Line and dare I say it, linebackers) is kind of a problem.

but eh. if Foles plays a little this season I won't even be mad. he makes good decisions (that INT notwithstanding). plus, he doesn't seem like he's getting a shred of that Kolb hype despite actually being better than Kolb.

I'm just glad to see Andy with that fire. I really don't think he's tolerating any BS this season.
koolaidluke
I cannot express how disgusted I am with Vick. I said last year that I didn't believe Vick would ever change and stop getting himself hurt, but part of me had hope that he would prove me wrong. Now I am 100 percent sure that we will get the same old Vick. The guy knows he is hurting his team by not throwing the ball away and he still refuses to do it. It is so fucking annoying.

To make matters worse, Vick may be physically starting to break down and may get hurt even more often than he has historically.

I feel like the D is way ahead of where it was early last season, they just aren't getting off the field on third downs. If they could just cut down on the stupid penalties the defense would be having a pretty good preseason. This is fortunately a correctable problem.

The special teams look fantastic.

I am resigned to the fact that we likely won't be seeing much Vick run O this year so the question is can Kafka and Foles play well enough to allow our D, STs and running game to win games for us.
TGryn
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (TGryn @ Aug 21 2012, 09:12 AM) *

Jenkins was DEFINITELY eyeballing Reid's box of jelly donuts as he was coming off the field.....slow down Andy, you made your point
Jerome Brown Experience
QUOTE (TGryn @ Aug 21 2012, 09:12 AM) *

I like Andy to begin with, but fired up Andy definitely has me jacked up. Jenkins needs to play with more fire (although I also realize that Andy was yelling at Jenkins as the leader of the DL), he is playing around some great talent right now and he and Cox need to be a wrecking crew.

Andy chose his moment well, the defense were killing us with penalties and Washburn - who does a great job in getting them amped up - isn't the guy who can send a "use your heads" message.
Mr. Bonko
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Aug 20 2012, 10:01 PM) *
I cannot express how disgusted I am with Vick. I said last year that I didn't believe Vick would ever change and stop getting himself hurt, but part of me had hope that he would prove me wrong. Now I am 100 percent sure that we will get the same old Vick. The guy knows he is hurting his team by not throwing the ball away and he still refuses to do it. It is so fucking annoying.

To make matters worse, Vick may be physically starting to break down and may get hurt even more often than he has historically.

I am resigned to the fact that we likely won't be seeing much Vick run O this year so the question is can Kafka and Foles play well enough to allow our D, STs and running game to win games for us.

Remove the words "Kafka and" from your post and I think you are spot in with points I quoted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.