Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: They *might*, just maybe, have stumbled upon
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
As you may know, I work in the health industry.

There's a buzz around here at work where everyone is talking about the work that VCU and MCV and the Massey center (very nearby me) have been doing with cancer research. They've come up with a new combination of drugs that tests indicate are causing the rapid death of cancer cells. Although the tests have been limited to rare blood cancer, I've heard some experts say that this was the breakthrough they've been looking for.

The drugs they are using have actually been around for awhile. It's really just the combination of them that is new. Nonetheless, the test results are encouraging, albeit tempered by the fact that this is really just the first of such successful testing we've ever had.

It's nice to have some good news in the health industry for a change.

http://blog.vcu.edu/massey_news/2012/08/sc...le-myeloma.html

Bez
Fukushima victims would be a great test .
Zero
Encouraging news. When you think of how many people suffer and die from that incidious malady and how long it's been with us this is great news.

Thanks, X!
HobbEs
Wow, that's definitely good news. I've seen cancer ravage my family. It's good to know that there's hope for a cure.

Thanks, X!
Flying Dutchman
That sounds good X. I just have lots of skepticism about Big Pharma and allopathic medicine.

There are some very effective natural remedies which are both anti-carcinogenic and anti-cancer. The most highly researched are Vitamin D3 (keeping your levels up in the 80/90 ng range), curcumin (tumeric) and selenium. They have proven to cause apoptosis and to hinder metastasis, and angiogenisis. Of course one could take their vitamins along with a meal of cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, or even spinach), wash it down with some resveratrol (red wine) and then sit back and light up a good joint. That would all be a lot more effective than chemotherapy for example. A hell of a lot healthier and more fun too!LOL
xsv
QUOTE (Flying Dutchman @ Aug 22 2012, 11:43 AM) *
That sounds good X. I just have lots of skepticism about Big Pharma and allopathic medicine.

There are some very effective natural remedies which are both anti-carcinogenic and anti-cancer. The most highly researched are Vitamin D3 (keeping your levels up in the 80/90 ng range), curcumin (tumeric) and selenium. They have proven to cause apoptosis and to hinder metastasis, and angiogenisis. Of course one could take their vitamins along with a meal of cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, or even spinach), wash it down with some resveratrol (red wine) and then sit back and light up a good joint. That would all be a lot more effective than chemotherapy for example. A hell of a lot healthier and more fun too!LOL

Nice post, dutch. Good to see you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.