Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 13-3 Anyone??
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Found this interesting:

http://www.beyondthebets.com/2012-nfl-poin...oints-per-game/

Dreagon
Watching the Giants and Jets right now, and the Giants Defense is looking rough as ever.* They are going to make the NFC East hard for anybody to take from them.

*or maybe Mark Sanchez just stinks.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Aug 18 2012, 08:08 PM) *
Watching the Giants and Jets right now, and the Giants Defense is looking rough as ever.* They are going to make the NFC East hard for anybody to take from them.

*or maybe Mark Sanchez just stinks.

sanchez does suck...Revis doesnt and i was more interested in seeing more three and outs from the NY offense in light of our first game. i saw their offense actually go at Revis a few times and Eli/WRs are looking worrisome (from a Eagle POV). to be fair this is their second preseason game so im very confident that Vick/WRs (given the same 2nd game chance) will have their way with a Pats defense that is never the strength of that team

didnt see much of the cowboy 1st team offense. i tuned in to watch it at 10pm like NFLN said but at 10:02 they were playing 2nd QTR highlights already.

RG3 looked like a rook....pencil in a 2 more Eagle wins....not happy to see the cowboy and Giants offenses. time for Vick to show them how its done

Go Birds!
koolaidluke
I just don't think you can tell anything from the preseason and it has really ruined preseason football for me (which I never liked in the first place).

During the Reid era, the Eagles have always looked terrible in the preseason except during 04. Some of that may have been because McFraud was a very slow starter but I think that's just the way the Reid Eagles are. The Eagles don't game plan for their preseason opponents so the result is them usually getting pasted; at least for as long the starters are in.

You have to remember that the Eagles were a terrible team through 5 games last year but were pretty good after that. With the Eagles, you don't know how they are going to be until around game 6 or so every year.

It's frustrating, but it's better for your sanity to just accept it than to try to project the Eagles season from preseason games.

As for the Giants, if the Eagles play the way I believe them to be capable of playing, it won't matter how good the Giants are, we'll still take them.

The only team that scares me is the Pats. We've got Sheli's number.
Dreagon
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Aug 18 2012, 11:41 PM) *
didnt see much of the cowboy 1st team offense. i tuned in to watch it at 10pm like NFLN said but at 10:02 they were playing 2nd QTR highlights already.

Go Birds!

Our first team offense doesn't appear to be firing on all cylinders yet. Felix Jones doesn't seem to run like the same guy of two years ago, and they haven't used Demarco Murray much yet. Austin and Witten aren't playing, and all of our first and second string interior linemen are hurt. So for the most part, it ain't pretty. Unless things improve, Romo is going to be running for his life again. So far, I think the only solid bright spots I can identify for now on offense is that Orton seems to be a big upgrade at second string QB, and there is this tiny little free agent wide receiver who may make the team simply because he catches everything. Maybe they have learned from their screwup with Amendola and will actually hang on to this guy.

Defense is a much brighter story. Since the 2012 version of our defense actually features cornerbacks willing to cover and tackle for a change, there has been a big improvement on that side of the ball....and that's even with them being cautious and holding Ware out. So I have hopes in that area.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.