Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kolb
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
make_it_rain
Most likely just (officially) lost the starting job in ARZ for week 1.

HAHA!

I think we all saw this coming, but still makes interesting food for thought.

Someone pointed out in a different thread that we got DRC (and now Kendricks) for this bum, AND the Cards had no choice but to give him like $20 mil guaranteed.

Had Clay Matthews not rocked his world in week 1 of the 2010, season, how long do you think he would have remained the starter? He had some decent games in 2010 (which we were able to leverage to justify the asking price), but still, it's interesting to think how a season, and in some ways multiple seasons, can literally change with one play.....

Zero
Too bad. I bet he'd be a servicable backup for the Eagles. Somehow, this staff seems to be able make QBs look good.
TGryn
On the one hand, the Arizona OL has looked horrible in both their preseason games, so its not like he's had much support. On the other, their offense is still mostly "throw it in the general vicinity of Fitzgerald and hope he comes down with the ball" which Skelton can do just as well for less $$$.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Aug 14 2012, 07:00 PM) *
I think we all saw this coming, but still makes interesting food for thought.

It still blows my mind what we got for this guy. Some franchises suck for a reason.....
koolaidluke
He signaled the end of the McNabb era. I will be forever grateful to him for that.

I don't know what his deal is. On paper he seems to have everything but when he is out on the field during games something is missing. He had okay stats last year before he got hurt. Might still make it as a backup.

The Cards didn't give up that much for him, they wanted DRC gone regardless and a 2nd rounder for a guy who lookd like he could be a quality NFL starting QB is not a bad deal.

samaroo
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Aug 15 2012, 11:26 AM) *
I don't know what his deal is. On paper he seems to have everything but when he is out on the field during games something is missing.

The prognosis of many a player, especially quarterbacks. Rick Mirer, Jeff George, the list is huge.
mcnabbulous
The guy never, ever looked comfortable in the pocket. It's possible he was scared.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 15 2012, 04:56 PM) *
The guy never, ever looked comfortable in the pocket. It's possible he was scared.

I was against drafting Kolb, much less making him our 'future' - but can you blame the guy for being scared? Our 2010 turnstile o-line would've struck the fear of imminent death into any man. Vick had a chance because of his legs, someone with Kolb's mobility had to have been wetting their pants on every play.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Aug 15 2012, 04:05 PM) *
I was against drafting Kolb, much less making him our 'future' - but can you blame the guy for being scared? Our 2010 turnstile o-line would've struck the fear of imminent death into any man. Vick had a chance because of his legs, someone with Kolb's mobility had to have been wetting their pants on every play.

I didn't love the Kolb pick, but figured Andy knew what he was doing QB wise. It made sense to get someone as the future around that time.

I'm not saying I blame Kolb for being scared, if that is in fact the case. I would be terrified to step on an NFL field against some of those monsters.

TGryn
I don't think intestinal fortitude is Kolb's problem, considering he keeps going back out there even after significant injuries.
Bez
Well , I'm watching the Cardinals and Raiders , and it looks to me like the reason Skelton is playing better is because he is more mobile. Arizona's front line isnt playing well and Kolb went out simply to check on an injured tackle. Needless to say he is worried about being protected .
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (TGryn @ Aug 15 2012, 07:31 PM) *
I don't think intestinal fortitude is Kolb's problem, considering he keeps going back out there even after significant injuries.

I don't want to give myself too much credit, but...

Tommy Kelly on Kevin Kolb: “That boy’s scared”

Pretty ironic timing.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (TGryn @ Aug 15 2012, 08:31 PM) *

Well, considering his alternative is retirement and having to work a 9-5 job, that doesn't necessarily mean he has balls of steel.

Again, I can't really blame him - his first game as a starter in 2010 he suffered a concussion then lost his starting job. His demeanor out there always looked pretty scared, and he seemed to have a weak arm as well. And being one Winston-Justice-blown-assignment away from death can't do much for someone's confidence.
Dr. Claw
Foles > Kolb.

Kolb = Tim Couch 2.0. I said it when he was drafted.

Good thing Andy was able to flip that mostly based on hype.

But man. If Vick didn't work out in 2010 the Eagles would have been so many degrees of toast.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.