Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: McNabb as #2 QB, Yea or Nea?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I want to win and have some security. Sure he's not the QB he was, but Andy and Marty can bring out the best he's got which I believe is light years ahead of Kafka.

Remember, if we fail this year, we could be talking new coach, new system. Failure can't be an option.

Yea!
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 12 2012, 11:33 AM) *
I want to win and have some security. Sure he's not the QB he was, but Andy and Marty can bring out the best he's got which I believe is light years ahead of Kafka.

Remember, if we fail this year, we could be talking new coach, new system. Failure can't be an option.

Yea!

Are they considering this? I mean why not - Andy has a history of going to a balanced attack when his #1 goes down, I'm pretty sure McNabb is capable of handing it to Shady, while maintaining credibility among the defense for the pass.

I would welcome it, he's got the experience and knows Andy's system - and let's face it, won't it be fun to see KAL and DRock have to change maxipads everytime he throws an inaccurate pass?
mcnabbulous
No. Only way I would bring in McNabb if were MV went down for the year. Then I'd maybe consider it.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 12 2012, 10:52 AM) *
No. Only way I would bring in McNabb if were MV went down for the year. Then I'd maybe consider it.

What if you were 80% certain that MV was going to miss at least two games?

Point is, I'm already there that he will miss time. Assuming the past is prologue, let's do it now.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 12 2012, 11:07 AM) *
What if you were 80% certain that MV was going to miss at least two games?

Point is, I'm already there that he will miss time. Assuming the past is prologue, let's do it now.

Oh he'll miss time, but unless its season ending, the convo isn't worth having. Don has proven to be as positive a sideline supporter as he has physically fit and accurate.
Reality Fan
My guess is that it is a moot point because McNabb is a different cat.......I don't think his ego would allow him to come here as a backup.......He has a ton of money and is smart with it so I think he would not play rather than come back here as a backup and still have to deal with the same media that he hates. My guess is that he is more interested in TV right now and is making it seem like he wants to come back to remain relevant.
D Rock
Hell no.
TGryn
I think he's the best option for a #1 other than Vick, but not for a #2. That's the quandary.

I'd feel better about the idea if McNabb would agree to an arrangement like McMahon or Garcia had when here, where he only talks to the media after games he plays in. However, I think the news guys would get outraged about not getting access for one of the biggest stories of the year, and immediately accuse Andy of going back to his freeze-out-the-media ways.

I'd love to see McNabb get some vindication back in Philly, but it's going to be a circus that we don't need until Vick starts missing time.
Dreagon
Do you guys think he could come back, even as a back up, without him or the media eventually generating drama?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Aug 12 2012, 03:55 PM) *
Do you guys think he could come back, even as a back up, without him or the media eventually generating drama?

very well put......he might not do it but the media would do it and blame him again..........and he fell for it so many times with them
Dreagon
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 12 2012, 04:32 PM) *
very well put......he might not do it but the media would do it and blame him again..........and he fell for it so many times with them

Yep. The old days where the media reported the news as it happened is long gone. Nowadays they are in a hurry and willing to generate their own drama. All they need is a little angle...anything they can twist, misrepresent, or just flat blow all out of proportion so they will have something to write. Silence is death for them.
Eyrie
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 12 2012, 06:23 PM) *
Hell no.

This.

Much as I supported McNabb when he was here, his play since leaving us wasn't good enough to be considered for a team that should make a play off run in 2012. I'd rather see Kafka or Foles take snaps and make mistakes which will further their development than have my memories of McNabb as an Eagle spoilt by poor play in a failed comeback.
Reality Fan
right or wrong I think they took Foles because he is their real QB of the future and if he walks past kafka this season all the better for them, they like him a ton

Bez
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 13 2012, 05:30 PM) *
right or wrong I think they took Foles because he is their real QB of the future and if he walks past kafka this season all the better for them, they like him a ton
He is a complete package and has more of a QB stature in some respects than Luck. Luck is really smart , he can play well , but he is a pussy.
Jerome Brown Experience
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 13 2012, 05:30 PM) *

I don't disagree with you, but I am not sure that your point precludes McNabb coming back as a #2.

I like Foles in two preseason games against 2nd and 3rd string talent (and it is not his fault that that is what he has played against, he has done his job and then some). However, in a mid-season game this year against the Giants or Cowboys I would much rather see McNabb coming in off the bench than Foles this season. The guy knows our offense cold, has a good rapport with the coaching staff, much of the line, our WRs and Celek. Would I want him in as our #1? Oh heck no. But I think he could be a good mentor to Foles and if he viewed this as a way to re-write his final chapter it could be a great story.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 12 2012, 11:33 AM) *

Yea!

After watching him play, I'm OK with Foles. Who I believe, even against scrubs, is light years ahead of Kafka already. He just seems to get it.
It could be another AJ Feely situation, but eh. This is a rookie and I see him going through Andyball like a pro, or at least as well as our pros have done more or less (barring that 2010 Vick season which was insane).

I wish Vick were more durable (and that Andy would yell at him to slide feet first. I know he wants to get that 1st down, but man).
Eyrie
Not seen any pre-season games, but based on what I'm reading Foles sounds like he develope into the real deal. If so, then I'm happy to eat my words from when he was drafted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.