Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So What's the Story on this Guy?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Dreagon
Well, you probably haven't heard but apparently training camp is a bad place to be if your a Cowboys offensive lineman. All of our interior lineman seem to be getting banged up or dropping like flies...including both our starting guards, and our starting and backup centers. So we just picked up a former Eagle named Jamaal Jackson.

I figured I would check here and get the lowdown on him. Was he any good, and did he have any gas left in the tank?
TGryn
Formerly a solid vet who's had a series of injuries and probably isn't the same guy athletically after those. He wasn't happy sitting on the bench last year - he didn't fit the mobile model that Mudd wanted out of his center - but when the Giants were talking about signing him earlier this year, the quotes from JJ made it sound like he wasn't sure he still wanted to play in the NFL.

He can probably still be a decent backup guy who can start a game or so here or there and not hurt you, but can't be expected to make it through a full season as a starter anymore because of his injury history.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/05...kson_tryin.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaal_Jackson
xsv
Wasn't very mobile or athletic at the peak of his career, and is even less so now. Was pretty good at straight up pass protection, but you won't see him out front blocking on pulls, and was a little weak at running schemes in general.
nephillymike
When healthy. was an above average center in the NFL. When he went out, before Kelce was here, we suffered.
Dreagon
Thanks, guys. At the moment, he can at least snap a ball and move without a limp...which apparently puts him a step above our other interior linemen and their backups. This training camp has been an injury-fest.

Even both of our starting wide receivers are down with hamstrings. The competition for third wide receiver is going to be wide open now, and Monday night they are all going to get to show their stuff since Ogletree will probably be the only guy out there that has ever caught a pass in the NFL before...and he may not even make the team.
koolaidluke
A once very good player who has nothing left
Dreagon
Nevermind. Apparently he didn't do very well in his tryout and they have decided to look elsewhere. Maybe he never really came back from those injuries.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Aug 12 2012, 08:41 PM) *
Nevermind. Apparently he didn't do very well in his tryout and they have decided to look elsewhere. Maybe he never really came back from those injuries.

I was shocked it was even an option
Dreagon
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 12 2012, 08:54 PM) *
I was shocked it was even an option

We're really thin on the interior at the moment. There is even talk about kicking the tires on Gurode again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.