Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FYI, D. Bell demoted to 2nd team
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
as in King Dunlap.

This is not good. I have very little regard for Dunlap's abilities so what does this say about Bell?

Not good at all.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 11 2012, 01:05 PM) *
as in King Dunlap.

This is not good. I have very little regard for Dunlap's abilities so what does this say about Bell?

Not good at all.

I was wondering about that too. Yeah Bell had a bad game but I'm surprised they would jump ship and move The King up to the first team after one bad performance, especially given Dunlaps streaky play in the past.

Maybe it's just a tactic to inspire Bell to get his act together, or conversely Dunlap to bring it now that he sees his opportunity in front of him? This line overall is pretty good but depth is one very real concern. Losing Peters was a really, really big deal.

The real concern is Dennis Kelly. He looked AWFUL. Thankfully, it seems unlikely he'll be taking many snaps in the foreseeable future.
TGryn
Dunlap actually looked decent last year when he had to play. I'm not sure he can ever be an "elite" OT with how tall he is, but he's come a looong way from where he was as a rookie.
Reality Fan
Last year Dunlap was hot and cold but on the good news front he was very good at Left Tackle filling in for Peters.

My guess is that it is a kick in the proverbial ass for Bell
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.