Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kafka has broken hand, Foles to take second team snaps for 3 weeks
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
make_it_rain
Non throwing hand, but should be interesting to see if Foles continues to improve if he sees this as his chance to leap frog the depth chart.

Article

CT_Eagle
The NFL Network just had a 9:00 rebroadcast which allowed me to watch the game for the first time. I was highly impressed with the arm strength of Foles and cannot wait to watch him next week. If I were Kafka I would be very nervous about my prospects of sticking with the team. I think Edwards makes the team because he is the best #2 on the roster. I also think Foles has more upside at this point which leaves Kafka out.
JeeQ
Kafka's terrible play and lack of an arm would have let Foles pass him on the depth chart anyways. This just gets it done even faster
iggleslover49
I've known that Kafka wasn't ready dating back to last season against the Giants when he threw 3 passes 2 of which were back to back ints. He just cannot make all the throws accurately. His deep shots result in interceptions. Only thing he throws is interceptions and check downs. He's got 0 touchdowns in 3 years. Atleast Kolb could hit the deep ball from time to time, Kafka can't even do that. Cover 2 will shut Mike "Checkdown" Kafka down all day.
TGryn
Yet if you read the camp accounts, Kafka was almost universally regarded as being light years ahead of Foles and Edwards, and even looked better than Vick on certain days. I wouldn't write him off so quickly based on the first preseason game, nor would I be so anxious to anoint Foles as the #2. If we're really aiming to be a playoff team, can't have a rookie as the primary backup.
SLOiggles
The play that sold me of Foles was the first touchdown pass. Bryce Brown was out in open space and ready to block downfield for Foles. Instead of just taking the 7-10 yards he would have picked up, he kept his eyes downfield and chose to hit the wide open receiver for a touchdown. That is the intangibles that EVERY quarterback should have but doesn't seem to utilize, particularly a rookie in his first game. I'm very excited to see him play next monday night.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Aug 11 2012, 04:50 PM) *
I've known that Kafka wasn't ready dating back to last season against the Giants when he threw 3 passes 2 of which were back to back ints. He just cannot make all the throws accurately. His deep shots result in interceptions. Only thing he throws is interceptions and check downs. He's got 0 touchdowns in 3 years. Atleast Kolb could hit the deep ball from time to time, Kafka can't even do that. Cover 2 will shut Mike "Checkdown" Kafka down all day.

you mean when he marched them down the field against Atlanta after Vick went out with an injury and kafka was bringing them back until Maclin dropped the pass in the numbers to kill the drive and the comeback?.......did you know then?

Which of his 16 pass attempts gave you the brilliant insight?

The guy has thrown 16 passes......he is an unknown

and by the way...get your facts straight....against the Giants he was 4-7 for 35 yards, his first pick was not his arm it was his eyes....he missed the double coverage

all reports from camp are that his arm strength has improved considerably and if you gauge success by arm strength then Edwards is out because he makes Kafka's arm look like Randall Cunningham's

Just the facts ma'am.....just the facts

CT_Eagle
QUOTE (TGryn @ Aug 12 2012, 12:08 AM) *
Yet if you read the camp accounts, Kafka was almost universally regarded as being light years ahead of Foles and Edwards, and even looked better than Vick on certain days. I wouldn't write him off so quickly based on the first preseason game, nor would I be so anxious to anoint Foles as the #2. If we're really aiming to be a playoff team, can't have a rookie as the primary backup.

Regardless of who stays, Kafka or Foles, I think Edwards is the #2.
nephillymike
McNabb will be #2 and Foles will be #3. They can't afford to have their make or break season in the hands of Kafka, when the odds based on experience are above 80% that Vick won't start and finish all 16.. He can't make the throws you need to succeed in the NFL, and we've already seen how his eyes aren't good either. At least Koy and Ty had great vision.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 12 2012, 11:29 AM) *
McNabb will be #2 and Foles will be #3. They can't afford to have their make or break season in the hands of Kafka, when the odds based on experience are above 80% that Vick won't start and finish all 16.. He can't make the throws you need to succeed in the NFL, and we've already seen how his eyes aren't good either. At least Koy and Ty had great vision.

mikey........I am not a Kafka fan buthe made the throws against Atlanta last year and he is only stronger this year........and in all honesty, what QB out there would salvage a season if Vick goes down for any significant time? McNabb did not exactly light it up after he left here so do you really think he has gotten better? You know I liked Mcnabb, or rather appreciated what he did here but I think his head is elsewhere other than winning football.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Aug 12 2012, 08:43 AM) *
Regardless of who stays, Kafka or Foles, I think Edwards is the #2.

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Aug 12 2012, 10:40 PM) *

laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Aug 12 2012, 09:40 PM) *

Your schtick is one of the most welcome new additions to the board.
Reality Fan
that is some good stuff........ jumpclap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.