Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Damaris? Johnson
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
85 rec yards, 1 td, 18 return yards.

Looks like a legit punt returner and speedy little WR.

TGryn
Even though I'm sure they're looking for a PR to take over for DJax, being a good returner alone won't win a spot given how KR is a lesser-value position under the new rules. It looked like they were feeding him the ball last night to see how he would respond, and I'd say he passed that first test. He needs to keep it up the rest of the preseason and maybe make a few ST tackles, but every UDFA is in the same boat that way.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (TGryn @ Aug 10 2012, 01:16 PM) *
Even though I'm sure they're looking for a PR to take over for DJax, being a good returner alone won't win a spot given how KR is a lesser-value position under the new rules. It looked like they were feeding him the ball last night to see how he would respond, and I'd say he passed that first test. He needs to keep it up the rest of the preseason and maybe make a few ST tackles, but every UDFA is in the same boat that way.

4-6 WR on depth charts usually make the team because they can play special teams. DJax will only be used on PR if game is on the line...and he is a PR not a KR, there is a difference.
mcnabbulous
All indications from everything I've read are that he'll be making the 53. Andy likes playmakers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.