Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sixers to get Andrew Bynum
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
as part of a 4 team deal that will send Iggy to Denver and D.Howard to Lakers.

Sweeet deal if it happens for the Sixers!!!
Phits
Pending league approval it looks to be official.....

A four-team trade that would send Dwight Howard to the Los Angeles Lakers is complete, multiple sources told ESPN on Thursday night.

A source with direct knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com's Marc Stein the Lakers will receive Howard, the Denver Nuggets will acquire Andre Iguodala, the 76ers will receive Andrew Bynum and Jason Richardson, and the Magic will get Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic and one protected future first-round pick from each of the other three teams."

LINK

LA is going balls hard to win another one with Kobe. Steve Nash must be creaming up with his starter options (Kobe, Gasol, Howard). I'm no Laker fan, but I love Steve Nash so I wouldn't mind seeing it happen.

I like the additions for Philly too. I just hope that Bynum is less of an asshat in Philly than he was in LA LA land.
TGryn
Not sure how much I like this, seeing how ecstatic Laker fans are to have Bynum out of town. His low-work-ethic style would seem to be the antithesis of what Philly wants in their players. But Iggy had worn out his welcome here, too.
Reality Fan
I am now psyched by all the offseason additions......if Collins can get them on the right page. He has some serious head cases on this team now but he also has a ridiculous amount of talent. If he can get in their heads they are loaded for this year with tons and tons of scoring. Richardson is a stud if his head is on right but he has been a little strange the last couple years......
koolaidluke
<i>but I love Steve Nash </i>

why? He's an arrogant jerk off.

I think Iggy was/is better than people think, he just doesn't score a lot of points.

The Sixers overall still had a bad off season. The loss of Brand has been underestimated and I think they will miss the playoffs. They shouldn't have blown up the team.
make_it_rain
Just WOW @ the Lakers now.

Squad is fukken stacked
Reality Fan
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Aug 11 2012, 04:18 AM) *
<i>but I love Steve Nash </i>

why? He's an arrogant jerk off.

I think Iggy was/is better than people think, he just doesn't score a lot of points.

The Sixers overall still had a bad off season. The loss of Brand has been underestimated and I think they will miss the playoffs. They shouldn't have blown up the team.

A bad offseason?.....really?

They added 3 legitimate perimeter scorers including one who is a good to great defender, a top center and a strong 4/5 rookie and only gave up Iggy who is a great role player who is paid to be a star.....

This team is not just a little better, it is considerably better.

The only fly in the ointment is whether Collins can get these guys molded into a team.

On paper they have had an incredible offseason if you know a thing about the game.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 11 2012, 01:11 PM) *
This team is not just a little better, it is considerably better.

Bynum is a huge upgrade over Hawes but Thad is a huge downgrade over Iggy. I'm not even sure who they plan on putting at power forward but whoever it is is going to be a major downgrade over Brand. Wright is better than Meeks but Young is way worse than Williams, who wasn't even that good.

We saw how bad last year the Sixers were without Iggy on the court, but this isn't about him, it is about how much worse the rest of the team is without Brand and Williams. Bynum won't be able to make up the difference.

Below 500 and no playoffs. Unless Holliday and or Turner dramatically improve.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Aug 12 2012, 04:17 PM) *
Bynum is a huge upgrade over Hawes but Thad is a huge downgrade over Iggy. I'm not even sure who they plan on putting at power forward but whoever it is is going to be a major downgrade over Brand. Wright is better than Meeks but Young is way worse than Williams, who wasn't even that good.

We saw how bad last year the Sixers were without Iggy on the court, but this isn't about him, it is about how much worse the rest of the team is without Brand and Williams. Bynum won't be able to make up the difference.

Below 500 and no playoffs. Unless Holliday and or Turner dramatically improve.

I always try to figure out from your posts if you are just trying to fire up people or are just not that bright.

But I will indulge you.....Young is at the very least as good and quite frankly alot better than Williams because he actually can play defense and Richardson is certainly better than Williams. Iggy was a great athlete but he is a number 2 or 3 role player on a good team, he is not a leader and he will be easily replaced because now they will run an offense around a legitimate big man and Hawes will replace Brand and that is a big improvement because Brand was worthless for the large majority of the season. The simple reality on Iggy for all his athleticism is that he always struggled to get his own shot.

and Iggy played every game last year.....surely you are not suggesting that they faltered whenever Iggy left the game?

If that is the case you need better meds....They were actually 8-4 when Iggy played less than 30 minutes.......
D Rock
Young is leaps and bounds better than Sweet Lou. As RF stated, he actually plays D. He's a better shooter. He might not be the creator with the ball in his hands that Lou was, but Nick would have led our team in scoring last year were he here.

Thad is NOT going to replace iggy. That's Turner's role. Thad will still be primarily a four and likely coming off the bench with Hawes (or perhaps Allen) starting. Hawes mid range game will be a huge asset for us with defenses collapsing on Bynum.

With Kwame, Spencer/Lavoy and Thad as your reserve big men. You're sitting pretty. We also have Moultrey(sp?) who will hopefully earn some mins at the 4 and is athletic enough to play some 3 when we go big.

Bottom line, this team was a mess offensively over the past few years. Bynum, combined with the shooting of Richardson and Young, and Jrue's consistently improving distribution and shot gives us a legitimate half court offense that we've not had since sir Charles.

Anyone crying about losing Iggy and Lou this offseason is plumb crazy.

This team instantly jumped into top 3 in the conference behind only Miami and Chicago. They might even prove to be better than Chicago which is still just a one trick pony. Boston is just getting older and Garnett, who's already playing out of position at the 5 is toast vs. Bynum. Indiana is solid, but only because few teams match up well with Hibbert on the floor. We now do.

This team is so improved as a roster it's not even funny. Size, athleticism, depth and solid contracts all around. It's pinch me time. Haters and dunno diddley's can cry all they like. It's been a great off season for our Sixers.
Reality Fan
not to mention Dorell Wright and Jason Richardson who are both great scorers........and play defense......go figure....

They added so much perimeter scoring it isn't even funny......they will play an inside out game and don't be surprised if they lead the league in 3 pts taken AND made.

This is a different team and a much better one.....Jrue must be salivating along with Collins
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 13 2012, 04:26 PM) *
not to mention Dorell Wright and Jason Richardson who are both great scorers........and play defense......go figure....

They added so much perimeter scoring it isn't even funny......they will play an inside out game and don't be surprised if they lead the league in 3 pts taken AND made.

This is a different team and a much better one.....Jrue must be salivating along with Collins

I will confess not to be an NBA junkie, but I did watch most of the Sixers reg season games and all of their playoff games this year. Since I don't tune in to the national NBA games, I don't know much about the new players we got, just the talent of those we gave up.

FWIW, here's a comparison of the six new guys we got, with the six we gave up or let go from last year's team:

We got: Bynum ©, Richardson (SG), Brown (PF-C), Wright (SF-SG), N. Young (SG), Ivey (PG)
WE lost: Iggy (SF-SG), Williams (SG), Brand (PF), Meeks (SG), Vucevic (PF-C), S. Young (SG)

Basically six for six when the dust settles and we drafted Moultrie who will be a deep sub at PF who I've excluded.

We gave up guys who started 59% of the games and got guys who started 76%
We gave up 141 minutes of playing time per game, got 151 mpg.
We gave up 55.1 pts per game, got 63.2 ppg.
We gave up 24.4 rebounds per game, we got 29.1 rpg.
We got an avg of 2 inches taller and 18 lbs heavier.
We gave up 43.9 shooting from the field and got 45.2 shooting
We gave up 74.2 from the line and got 71.9 from the line
We gave up 37.4 from three and got 36.2 from three

Was a little surprised by our three %'s drop.

At first glance, it looks like Collins will have some issues giving out minutes to keep everyone happy

Here's an attempt of minutes by player per game vs what he played last year:
Name.............MPG........2011
Bynum............35...........35
Holliday...........30...........34
Turner.............30...........26
N. Young.........24............28
Richardson.......24...........30
T.Young...........21...........28
Hawes.............20...........25
Wright.............20...........27
Allen................15...........15
Brown..............13...........20
Ivey..................8...........10
Moultrie.............0...........N/A
Total...............240..........278

And an attempt at MP by Position:

C - Bynum 35, Brown 13
PF- Hawes 20, Allen 15, T. Young 13
SF - Turner 20, Wright 20, T. Young 8
SG - N. Young 24, Richardson 24
PG - Holliday 30, Turner 10, Ivey 8

I assumed Turner is out of the dog house and will be given a shot to play a lot. Based on merit, he may not play as many as I have here but my guess is Collins will shoot for these many. A little concerned of shorting everyone so many minutes. The one thing not factored here is injuries, so to the extent that one of the 11 active can't play, that may actually bring MP closer to prior year averages.

I'm assuming Wright can play the three at 6-9, but Thad has 15 lbs on him so maybe he plays there a little but plays the majority at the four where he is a matchup problem on offense.

Who would be your all defense team with this bunch - Bynum, Allen, Wright, N. Young, Richardson??

Go ahead RF, play Collins for a day, what's your minute allocations by position??
Reality Fan
Wow Mikey.......you must have had a slow weekend, kids at camp? lol

I give Bynum as much as he can handle........Brown spells him when he needs a break, Hawes will have to prove himself and stay healthy so Allen will get time at the 4 and the 5. Young will get time at the 3 and the 4 but from their moves I get the feeling that he is not the favorite son anymore (and I agree....way too soft for that size and ability. Turner gets Iggy's minutes but I believe he is on a short rope there. Young, Wright and Richardson will all get minutes at the 2 and the 3 and don't be surprised if Turner spells Jrue at the 1 at times.

This is a hard roster figure numbers for. Wright, Nick Young and Richardson all play the 2 and 3 but who will get the lead there with Turner? These guys are all scorers.......that makes it tough on Collins.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 19 2012, 11:47 AM) *
Wow Mikey.......you must have had a slow weekend, kids at camp? lol

I give Bynum as much as he can handle........Brown spells him when he needs a break, Hawes will have to prove himself and stay healthy so Allen will get time at the 4 and the 5. Young will get time at the 3 and the 4 but from their moves I get the feeling that he is not the favorite son anymore (and I agree....way too soft for that size and ability. Turner gets Iggy's minutes but I believe he is on a short rope there. Young, Wright and Richardson will all get minutes at the 2 and the 3 and don't be surprised if Turner spells Jrue at the 1 at times.

This is a hard roster figure numbers for. Wright, Nick Young and Richardson all play the 2 and 3 but who will get the lead there with Turner? These guys are all scorers.......that makes it tough on Collins.

Yeah it si a slow weekend! Got out of work by 1 yesterday, wife working the weekend, Phils are meaningless, calm before the football storm tomorrow, too cold for the pool, put off some yard work until this afternoon. Did I say the Phils didn't matter? Messed up my whole summer with that!. Posted some political stuff in G&G. Prolly the most time I spent here in a weekedn in quite a while.

The Sixers should be better. big game tomorrow night. We need to see a SB caliber performance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.