Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Washburn expects Cole to take his game to the next level
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
You guys can chatter about that other stuff, but EAGLES FOOTBALL IS BACK and that's what I'm talking about.

I'm sure hoping the defense steps it up this year, and it should. For the first time in years the Eagles seemed to put emphasis on LB adding Ryans and Kendricks. Allen is a year removed from his injury, DRC is playing for a contract and Aso should be able to play his game with Samuel gone. I understand TC has just started, but even guys like Harris are getting good reports. The quote below by Washburn is encouraging, especially if the LBs and DBs improve. If the D and Vick can step it up, this could be another year to remember.

"We had more front four sacks than anybody's had in a lot of years, but that's because we have talented players. We have real good talent. We started figuring it out at the end and it ought to be a whole lot better. I'd be crushed, hell I'd quit if we're not a whole lot better. They need to fire my a** if we're not better. We should be a lot better. Trent Cole had no idea what we were doing when we started this thing last year ... I'm excited. I got good players. I've said it before, this isn't a company line, but the Eagles get you players. I've been other places where if you lost players, you were dead in the water."

Link ...
D Rock
Hell Yeah.

I'm with you. That "other" conversation has devolved into one otherwise reasonable and likeable member spouting utter nonsense to defend the indefensible. It's long past tired and long past time the entire conversation be moved away from "Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion."

It's time to talk Iggles !!!

Championship.
HOUSEoPAIN
cheers.gif

Even though we end up pulling our hair out by the 3rd week of August ready to see some real games, it's always special coming up on that first pre-season game, knowing the season is beginning.

And yeah, I've had enough talking about this PSU crap for two lifetimes.

jeremyrt

I'm excited to see the defense this year. With the front 4 rotation we already had last year, plus adding Cox, we could see a lot of pressure on opposing QB's. I look forward to seeing Eli, RG3, and Romo being scraped off the grass.

If DeMeco even plays average in the middle of the field we'll be fine. He'll be fantastic from a playing and leadership standpoint. Guys like Rolle, Matthews, Chaney will learn just from being around him.

Bucky Brooks is full of sh*t if he thinks Ass-ante is better than Nnamdi. With Nnamdi and Cromartie disrupting the patterns of WR's we won't have to worry about Ass-ante's free-lancing and avoiding physical contact at all costs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82ac...-pick-right-guy

Wondering who the starting safeties will be? With Coleman, Allen, Atogwe, and Jarrett....we may even have depth at safety.

Now....the next step is getting this small town boy from Canada to an Eagles game. Who wants to fly me out? I'll buy you 2 beers in return. Maybe 3.
Keenan24
QUOTE (jeremyrt @ Jul 25 2012, 05:02 PM) *
I'm excited to see the defense this year. With the front 4 rotation we already had last year, plus adding Cox, we could see a lot of pressure on opposing QB's. I look forward to seeing Eli, RG3, and Romo being scraped off the grass.

If DeMeco even plays average in the middle of the field we'll be fine. He'll be fantastic from a playing and leadership standpoint. Guys like Rolle, Matthews, Chaney will learn just from being around him.

Bucky Brooks is full of sh*t if he thinks Ass-ante is better than Nnamdi. With Nnamdi and Cromartie disrupting the patterns of WR's we won't have to worry about Ass-ante's free-lancing and avoiding physical contact at all costs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82ac...-pick-right-guy

Wondering who the starting safeties will be? With Coleman, Allen, Atogwe, and Jarrett....we may even have depth at safety.

Now....the next step is getting this small town boy from Canada to an Eagles game. Who wants to fly me out? I'll buy you 2 beers in return. Maybe 3.

This small town canadian boy went to his first eagles game last year, was really a great experience. Fell in love with downtown philly as well. We also lucked out by going to the game where we destroyed the cowboys. Cant wait to go back.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jul 25 2012, 01:10 PM) *
That "other" conversation...

Couldn't agree more! The Phillies have been done for months. Stop clinging to hope fellas.

In all seriousness, I'm as excited about this Eagles season as I can remember.
HOUSEoPAIN
Stop clinging to hope fellas.

10-6, maybe a playoff win. I agree.

In all seriousness, I'm as excited about this Eagles season as I can remember.

I'm always excited for football, regardless of my pessimism towards the Eagles. But more excited than you were entering 2002-2004? I find that hard to believe.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jul 31 2012, 10:44 AM) *
10-6, maybe a playoff win. I agree.

I was joking and talking about the Phillies thread.

I'm always excited for football, regardless of my pessimism towards the Eagles. But more excited than you were entering 2002-2004? I find that hard to believe.

I think 2002 was our best team of that era, but they hadn't done enough to give me the confidence going into the season. Obviously 2004 I was excited, but I smoked a lot of weed in my twenties, so I can't really remember how excited.
HOUSEoPAIN
I was joking and talking about the Phillies thread.

I know

I think 2002 was our best team of that era, but they hadn't done enough to give me the confidence going into the season. Obviously 2004 I was excited, but I smoked a lot of weed in my twenties, so I can't really remember how excited.

Well at this point I've seen the same old movie so many times I can't possibly get overly excited. What I'm grateful for is that as the Phillies are blowing up their team, football will start very soon, so there isn't much lag in between events. In the early part of the last decade, every year we fielded a top-3 team, and were clearly dominant in the NFC (until late January).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.