Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rumor: Jeremy Shockley in Eagles green?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
TGryn
http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2012/07/23...ted-in-shockey/
According to a league source, the Eagles are showing interest in former Giants and Saints tight end Jeremy Shockey. They are taking a look at Visanthe Shiancoe as well, and are scheduled to bring him in for a workout Tuesday.

I'm hoping this doesn't mean Celek isn't 100%. They also may have started to wonder if Harbor's ever going to break out to the next level, or if what you've seen so far is all we're going to get out of him.

Shockley's Pro Bowl years are probably behind him, but I'd rather have him in the TE mix at camp than not. Shiancoe's a journeyman, so I'm kinda "eh" about whether they sign him or not.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (TGryn @ Jul 24 2012, 09:49 AM) *

I'm hoping this doesn't mean Celek isn't 100%. They also may have started to wonder if Harbor's ever going to break out to the next level, or if what you've seen so far is all we're going to get out of him.

Shockley's Pro Bowl years are probably behind him, but I'd rather have him in the TE mix at camp than not. Shiancoe's a journeyman, so I'm kinda "eh" about whether they sign him or not.

Shiancoe would be fine, obviously Celek is our best bet unless something's wrong we don't know about, there's no way in hell I want that overrated, over-the-hill prick Shockey on this team.
make_it_rain
I think this is more about depth than any concerns with Celek, behind him we have Clay Harbor, and then.... who else?

I think it's too early to determine how good/bad Harbor will be, so I think adding a veteran (for what will likely be pretty cheap) makes sense.

I'd much rather have Shiancoe than Shockey, obviously. He has experience in a WC type offense, and was decent during his tenure in Minnesota.
jeremyrt
Tommy Lawlor wrote that Harbour struggled during the mini-camp. I think this has everything to do with Clay and nothing to do with Celek.
D Rock
QUOTE (jeremyrt @ Jul 25 2012, 10:25 PM) *
Tommy Lawlor wrote that Harbour struggled during the mini-camp. I think this has everything to do with Clay and nothing to do with Celek.

Yes to this.

I read Clay Harbour couldn't catch a cold all spring. He's got a bad case of the yips.
Clamdigger
QUOTE (TGryn @ Jul 24 2012, 08:49 AM) *

Shockley?
make_it_rain
Welp, Shiancoe signs with Patriots.....any other good FA tight ends out there?

I'm no Shockey fan at all but I'm starting to think it couldn't hurt to pick him up, especially with how shakey Harbor has been. His brash, pseudo-douchey attitude would probably get some love from the fans too cool.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Jul 26 2012, 10:40 AM) *
Welp, Shiancoe signs with Patriots.....any other good FA tight ends out there?

I'm no Shockey fan at all but I'm starting to think it couldn't hurt to pick him up, especially with how shakey Harbor has been. His brash, pseudo-douchey attitude would probably get some love from the fans too cool.gif

Daniel Graham is out there still. I'd have to say at this point it would be better to get Shockey. Can't blame Shiancoe for going with the Patriots, their tight ends should catch about 175 passes this year.
Dreagon
Actually, the guy it may take some getting used to seeing in green is Matt McBriar. It sounds like you guys picked him up for competition at the punter spot.

I hated to see him go, because he was as reliable as any punter we ever had. I understand why we did though. But the thing is, if that nerve finishes healing then he'll go back to being as good as he ever was.
make_it_rain
Also, it could have something to do with Celek letting himself go and showing up to camp a fat piece of shit...

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Jul 28 2012, 05:09 PM) *
Also, it could have something to do with Celek letting himself go and showing up to camp a fat piece of shit...

Oh my god - can we add some sort of off-season training regimen to these assholes?
make_it_rain
I mean this is pretty ridiculous. You're a professional athlete, for fuck's sake. It's not like you have to show up to camp completely shredded and ready to rock.....just simply don't show up looking like that.

It's really not that hard.....eat reasonable, work out here and there. What the hell were you doing all summer Celek?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Jul 28 2012, 08:17 PM) *
What the hell were you doing all summer Celek?

This is one of my pet peeves for professional athletes, sitting on your ass gaining weight all off-season. He's making $2 million a year roughly, to play a few months out of the year, once a week. The least you can do is hit the gym every now and then. We need him to be one of the top targets for Vick again, for now it looks like he'll be back to just blocking.
Birdman420
omg haha celek is a tub of lard right now! I laughed out loud on that one.

And kudos to womever said shockey should go fuck himself if he thinks he should suit up in green, I can't count how many times i nearly broke something in my house because I wanted to rip his head off. We don't need a washed up Giant.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.