Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gah!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Dreagon
The OTAs and minicamps are over and we now enter that six week lull until training camp. No news but the occasional report of some player saying his knee/shoulder/foot feels fine and he'll be ready for the season. The NFL needs to do something about this. I don't know what, but something not forbidden by the CBA like cheerleader volleyball, coaches track and field event, or National Throw Rocks at Terrell Owens Day. Anything to break up the wait.

I used to like the summer when i was a kid wacko.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jun 21 2012, 01:27 PM) *
I used to like the summer when i was a kid wacko.gif

On a 95 degree day, we would have water balloon fights, spray each other with the hose, throw the baseball/football around, or play video games - much preferable to an hour-long commute, sitting in an office all day ac6.gif
Dreagon
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jun 21 2012, 01:48 PM) *
On a 95 degree day, we would have water balloon fights, spray each other with the hose, throw the baseball/football around, or play video games - much preferable to an hour-long commute, sitting in an office all day ac6.gif

Excellent point.
TGryn
Can we have a round of what's-this-week's-team-that-Plaxico-is-going-to-leak-to-the-NFL-Network-that-he's-interested-in-receiving-a-huge-contract-from?

(saw something on NFLN that Plaxico said he'd be "interested" in playing for Carolina this year. Yeah, no s**t Sherlock, considering he hasn't gotten even a tryout this offseason from any team. Betcha T.O. would be "interested," too.)
Dreagon
QUOTE (TGryn @ Jun 21 2012, 07:32 PM) *
Can we have a round of what's-this-week's-team-that-Plaxico-is-going-to-leak-to-the-NFL-Network-that-he's-interested-in-receiving-a-huge-contract-from?

(saw something on NFLN that Plaxico said he'd be "interested" in playing for Carolina this year. Yeah, no s**t Sherlock, considering he hasn't gotten even a tryout this offseason from any team. Betcha T.O. would be "interested," too.)

Maybe we could get TO and Plaxico to sign up for a no rules/no holds barred fight for the privilege to be Buffalo's fifth receiver.
make_it_rain
With the conclusion of the NBA Finals and the Stanley Cup, we officially enter the sports doldrums, where it's nothing but regular season baseball for a good six weeks. I'm not even a big NBA/NHL fan, but having their playoffs on at least gives you something to tune into most nights during the early summer. Now, we don't even have that...... unsure.gif

I've been watching the Euro soccer tournament, which has been really entertaining, but even that ends next weekend. Here's hoping the Olympics are entertaining.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Jun 22 2012, 09:14 AM) *
With the conclusion of the NBA Finals and the Stanley Cup, we officially enter the sports doldrums, where it's nothing but regular season baseball for a good six weeks. I'm not even a big NBA/NHL fan, but having their playoffs on at least gives you something to tune into most nights during the early summer. Now, we don't even have that...... unsure.gif

I've been watching the Euro soccer tournament, which has been really entertaining, but even that ends next weekend. Here's hoping the Olympics are entertaining.

The worst time of the year for sports is February - after the Super Bowl, and before March Madness, when the NHL/NBA/NCAA are still mid-season and shaving points nightly. Baseball around this time of year isn't the best, but I'd say it's better than that.
Phits
At least, in February, there are options for your sports viewing pleasure....for many of us "basebore" isn't an option.

QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jun 22 2012, 09:50 AM) *
The worst time of the year for sports is February - after the Super Bowl, and before March Madness, when the NHL/NBA/NCAA are still mid-season and shaving points nightly. Baseball around this time of year isn't the best, but I'd say it's better than that.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Phits @ Jun 22 2012, 11:21 AM) *
At least, in February, there are options for your sports viewing pleasure....for many of us "basebore" isn't an option.

I used to love playing baseball as a kid, but I never could stand to watch it on TV. It was actually a little better on the radio.
Bez
Hmmmm I have a back log projects and home repair staring me in the face 24/7 . I want to be able to enjoy the season and know I have humped during the long days and got things done. But to be honest I do get a real football fix now and then when I am out burning some calories like the doc ordered. You can see the change in the players as they beef up seeing the new high performance gym is right along the stadium drive.. Kinda cool and inspires me to work out more. They are loving it. Go UCB Bears.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Bez @ Jun 22 2012, 03:25 PM) *
Hmmmm I have a back log projects and home repair staring me in the face 24/7 . I want to be able to enjoy the season and know I have humped during the long days and got things done.

Ah yes, the other reason I miss football season....the ability to say, "Sorry hon, I can't right now. There is a football game on! You understand..."
nephillymike
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jun 22 2012, 03:59 PM) *
Ah yes, the other reason I miss football season....the ability to say, "Sorry hon, I can't right now. There is a football game on! You understand..."

And on the eighth day the Lord said, let there be the NFL bye week so that divorces are spared among the people.......
Dreagon
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 22 2012, 06:25 PM) *
And on the eighth day the Lord said, let there be the NFL bye week so that divorces are spared among the people.......

Haha! Theres probably some truth to that! laugh.gif
Matty™
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Jun 22 2012, 02:14 PM) *

shame last nights game sucked, Spain looked dull, France can't play football, I just hope England's 'Bulldog' mentality will win over against the Italians tonight...
Bez
I had the op to bark at some of the players yesterday , Dreag they should hire me as the team medicine man. I may just file a formal application .
koolaidluke
Just be happy you have no baseball in Dallas so you don't have to hear about gay ass baseball until training camp starts.

You have no idea how gay Philly is: the Phillies have ruined Philadelphia so badly that people continue to blab about baseball even AFTER football starts. Now that the Phillies are destroyed forever I am hoping that maybe it won't be as bad this year but I'm not optimistic.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Jun 25 2012, 10:23 AM) *
Just be happy you have no baseball in Dallas so you don't have to hear about gay ass baseball until training camp starts

You ever hear of the 'Texas Rangers,' less than 20 miles from Dallas? Or do you not get newspapers in the asylum?
Dreagon
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jun 25 2012, 11:45 AM) *
You ever hear of the 'Texas Rangers,' less than 20 miles from Dallas? Or do you not get newspapers in the asylum?

He said BASEBALL, not the Texas Rangers sleep.gif

The Texas Rangers are just a sado-masochist club who dresses up in baseball uniforms every year and tortures their fans.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Bez @ Jun 24 2012, 03:14 PM) *
I had the op to bark at some of the players yesterday , Dreag they should hire me as the team medicine man. I may just file a formal application .

I'm jealous. I've never gotten to do anything like that. I only met my team once back in the eighties when they were doing some benefit basketball game. The funny thing was they were all offensive linemen. All I remember was they were huge, and that forcing my way towards the basket just wasn't happening.
Bez
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jun 25 2012, 04:08 PM) *
I'm jealous. I've never gotten to do anything like that. I only met my team once back in the eighties when they were doing some benefit basketball game. The funny thing was they were all offensive linemen. All I remember was they were huge, and that forcing my way towards the basket just wasn't happening.

I'm jealous I have to go to 24 hour fitness come fall and my projects wind up. Wouldn't any of us love to be working out in a new HP gym ? They finally took the scaffolding off the outside of the stadium walls. Some sub contractors said no way will the job be finished by kickoff. So there is a story line to follow along with the job. I will take some pics soon . I managed to catch one of our gals qualifying for the Olympic swim team last night. Go Bears.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.