Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I don't care who wrote it
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I admit to having some trepidation about Vick. Until he proves he's become a QB instead of a hybrid who can throw the ball that will continue. Can he come through in a clutch situation, in a playoff scenario and lift the team on his shoulders, come from behind and win a game? That's what championship QBs do, mostly. That said, this offense should be good enough to win most any game as long as the game plan and the play calling is there.

It's the defense. And as we've discussed ad nausea the biggest problem we've had to suffer through has been weak LB play. We're hearing good things about the rook, Kendricks but I still think it has to start with a wily vet running the show.

"It's going really well. I'm so pleased with everything," he said. "The guys welcomed me from the very first day and that made me feel good. I remember the first day on the field, thinking about how much I needed to learn. It's come to me quickly. I guess I couldn't be happier with the way it's gone, and with how comfortable I feel as an Eagle."
"It's all gone so well, as well as I could have ever hoped," he said. "There is a lot of excitement here about the team. I feel it, too. We all do. We have to keep working hard and take it day by day. Nobody is getting ahead of where we are. "As far as how I'm playing, things are coming together. I feel I'm playing fast. I love what we're doing defensively. Once we get the pads on, and get our timing down, it's going to be a lot of fun out there."

Ryans has, throughout all of these practices in the spring, lived up to expectations. He has run very well, has shown great instincts and has been around the football a lot. The coaching staff couldn't be more pleased with how well Ryans has struck an accord with the scheme, how he has learned the language of Juan Castillo's system and with the tempo of the work day.

Here ...

Flying Dutchman
We knew he would run well because by most reports, he was already running well again by the end of last season. He is said to have bought in 110% to the off-season training program and that gave him an opportunity to mesh with his new teamates. He's a real pro and he is reborn here with the 4-3 again. Add in Kendrick meeting all expectations so far as one can tell from OTAs and a good competition at WL and we could just be in for a complete role reversal from last year's lousy LB performance. I am psyched about what this D can accomplish. It should be the best of King Andy's reign. It could be the best we have seen in what....?20? years? I still can't believe the changes in this team over the last 2 years. I need me some camp real bad!
Zero
Bergey, Bunting and Wilkes?
Bez
You know , I actually have sensed a change in the force as well . Its been a long time coming but I think I need a little Eagles gear. That ought to put some distance between myself and the Niner faithful.
koolaidluke
<i>And as we've discussed ad nausea the biggest problem we've had to suffer through has been weak LB play.</i>

That's not how I see it.

The defense was only a train wreck for the season's first 5 games. The problems then, in order were:

1. Insufficient penetration by our DL
2. Atrocious play of that guy who was initially our strong safety
3. Aso being lost in a new scheme
4. Terrible LB play
5. Nate Allen still recovering from his knee

The terrible LB play was never our biggest problem AND that issue was solved with the benching of Mathews and Fokou and returning Chaney to Mike. Once those changes were made we no longer had a problem with our LBs, whereas we continued to have issues with our secondary the entire season.
xsv

IMO, It was our biggest problem, by far.

Our DL had more penetration than it has had since a DE with the name "White" stitched on the back of his jersey played here.

Strong safety play was poor, but we're talking about ONE guy playing poorly vs. all THREE lbers.

We expected Aso to have to adjust to a new scheme, and he improved as the season wore on.

Nate Allen played adequately, even tho still recovering from his knee injury.
D Rock
QUOTE (xsv @ Jun 18 2012, 04:26 PM) *
IMO, It was our biggest problem, by far.

Our DL had more penetration than it has had since a DE with the name "White" stitched on the back of his jersey played here.

Strong safety play was poor, but we're talking about ONE guy playing poorly vs. all THREE lbers.

We expected Aso to have to adjust to a new scheme, and he improved as the season wore on.

Nate Allen played adequately, even tho still recovering from his knee injury.

Agreed. And the problem at safety was not "stong safety" it was Allen for most of the year. Number 42 has been our best safety for 2 years running. (not a good thing)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.