Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some say Reid trumped Banner
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
There seems to be a split in opinion: some say Reid won a power struggle over Banner others are saying Banner just wanted a bigger challenge. Reid wanted/deserved more control if he's to be accountable for the W-L and trophies, Banner became an "also" now that the cap has been tamed.

Here's a rebel thought, young Howie isn't the tame pup he may seem. Maybe Roseman is more Machiavelli than he looks and the pup bit the hand that trained him? Maybe the GM can/will hold the coach accountable now?

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 10 2012, 06:57 AM) *
Here's a rebel thought, young Howie isn't the tame pup he may seem. Maybe Roseman is more Machiavelli than he looks and the pup bit the hand that trained him? Maybe the GM can/will hold the coach accountable now?

I read that and for some reason I thought of the end of Return of the Jedi, when Vader turned around and threw the Emperor to his death.....
nephillymike
I just had a chance to see the entire press conference and I believe that things happened the way Lurie and Banner said they did. Seems like Banner had manager responsibilities instead of project responsibilties and it is time for another challenge. The mastery of the salary cap was passed on to others and is much less the mystery it once was. The Linc and Nova Care are done. He said being a manager was not his goal and I believe him.

While the run we had is not as good as we would like, or that Banner thinks it is, it was still a damn good run and he was a major part of it. Good luck. He should find a suitable challenge out there soon. Hopefully we win the SB this year and he's around to share the glory.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.