Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Babin and the Bulls
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Dreagon
I'm sure most of ya'll have heard about this by now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/...with-the-bulls/

As a fan of Hemingway, my respect for Babin has just multiplied. I know what he is doing doesn't make sense in the logic of today, and I'm sure a lot of people don't get it, but I say more power to him. This was one of the very few "crazy stunts" I had considered doing mysefl one day, before the CMT got my legs. If I ever get to Europe, i would still like to witness it.

And while I know that fans of the Eagles are probably concerned about the injury aspect, I would advise taking comfort in the fact that the vast majority of people who partake in this never get a scratch, and almost none of them would be in the shape that Babin is in.
BirdsWinBaby
his life, his risk. i dont care. athletes do tons of stuff i wouldnt consider doing. i imagine most people who drive drunk or drive motorcycles 120mph on dimly lit back roads never get a scratch either. at least this way babin is only risking his own safety

meh
HOUSEoPAIN
First, I doubt he's one of those assholes who makes sure they're right in FRONT of the bulls - odds are, a lot of people will be behind him.

Second, as mentioned, I would imagine your average runner is much slower and weaker than Babin.

Third, if he DOES get injured, not only should he forfeit all pay for the rest of the season, he should be forced to sit on the sideline wearing a dunce cap and fetching everyone water for the entire year.
Dreagon
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jun 1 2012, 09:05 AM) *
First, I doubt he's one of those assholes who makes sure they're right in FRONT of the bulls - odds are, a lot of people will be behind him.

Second, as mentioned, I would imagine your average runner is much slower and weaker than Babin.

Third, if he DOES get injured, not only should he forfeit all pay for the rest of the season, he should be forced to sit on the sideline wearing a dunce cap and fetching everyone water for the entire year.

And you just know some teammate would glue horns on the dunce cap laugh.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jun 1 2012, 10:11 AM) *
And you just know some teammate would glue horns on the dunce cap laugh.gif

laugh.gif

After every game, he has to chase after teammates with that hat on, 'the running of the convalescents'
_KAMELOT_
Babin will have no problem. It's less than a mile run and he has to run it at 16 miles/h...piece of cake.
Jerome Brown Experience
The Eagles have not, to my recollection, lost a player in the offseason to a particularly knuckleheaded activity (although Herremans sure gave it the old college try a few years ago).

If we lose some games due to the running of the bulls I would be more proud than ashamed.
KayB
yeah, i 've heard about it
shocking huh

--------------------
Crappy spam link removed
Matty™
Who gives a shit, his life crack on with it. In his shoes i'd probably do the same in all honesty, just to get a kick.

If he get's injured simple... Pay the Eagles for his time spent on the bench, and we'll pay him back in kind when he gets fit, but he wont get injured, it's barely a long sprint which he is more than capable of completing.

Should be good photos though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.