Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Merry Christmas Philadelphia II ?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Saw today on the footer on NFL Network that Jeff Garcia would like to come back for the Eagles. If Edwards continues to play poorly, I say bring him in for a look.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 28 2012, 12:05 AM) *
Saw today on the footer on NFL Network that Jeff Garcia would like to come back for the Eagles. If Edwards continues to play poorly, I say bring him in for a look.

I'd rather have him as our #2 than anyone else we have
Zero
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ May 28 2012, 08:09 AM) *
I'd rather have him as our #2 than anyone else we have

The dude is older than I am laugh.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ May 28 2012, 10:50 AM) *
The dude is older than I am laugh.gif

Holy shit I didn't know he was 42 - but still, assuming he can still hand the ball off to Shady and be reasonably accurate, why not?
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ May 28 2012, 07:09 PM) *
Holy shit I didn't know he was 42 - but still, assuming he can still hand the ball off to Shady and be reasonably accurate, why not?

Because he sux.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ May 28 2012, 08:00 PM) *
Because he sux.

and he hasn't played in a real game in years....
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ May 28 2012, 08:00 PM) *
Because he sux.

Based on your proven inability to evaluate QBs, I think that's enough for the Eagles to sign him this instant.....have you ever liked a QB who played here? Are you just a disgruntled Hoying guy?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 28 2012, 08:39 PM) *
and he hasn't played in a real game in years....

Edwards is going on 2 years since he's played in a game, no? Really, the only backup QB on our roster who's played in a meaningful game recently is Foles, I'd take Garcia's experience and track record over him, plus he knows our system.
TGryn
If we're going to go after a 42 year old QB, Farve is also available, and has a better resume than Garcia.

42 years old = 7 years older than McNabb.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (TGryn @ May 29 2012, 12:38 PM) *
If we're going to go after a 42 year old QB, Farve is also available, and has a better resume than Garcia.

42 years old = 7 years older than McNabb.

Sheesh, all we're saying is give him a look - he knows the system, and has had proven success in Reid/Morninwheg's system, certainly more than Kafka/Edwards/Foles. We don't need the 'ole gunslinger running around thank you very much - Garcia can just hand the ball to Shady 30 times a game, instead of trying to make an ESPN highlight reel by throwing a pass into quadruple coverage.....

What, you don't think McNabb has another 7 solid years in him?
Dreagon
QUOTE (TGryn @ May 29 2012, 11:38 AM) *

Oh yeah, that's just the flavor of drama you guys need. Favre blink.gif
TGryn
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ May 29 2012, 08:53 AM) *
What, you don't think McNabb has another 7 solid years in him?

Let me put it another way: the last time Garcia threw an NFL pass, George Bush was still president, the Phillies were World Series champions, and the Eagles were about to finish one game short of the Super Bowl.

I don't blame JG for calling in a few favors among the local media to try and get some interest drummed up - the NFL pays a lot better than any normal job - but c'mon. Fan favorite or not, he's simply too old to play anymore...and its not like Garcia's arm strength was anything to write home about even in his prime.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ May 29 2012, 10:58 AM) *
Edwards is going on 2 years since he's played in a game, no? Really, the only backup QB on our roster who's played in a meaningful game recently is Foles, I'd take Garcia's experience and track record over him, plus he knows our system.

and I have no desire to keep him either.........I would rather go with the youth......neither Garcia or Edwards will save a season...and Garcia knowing our system and being able to make the throws that makes the system work are 2 very different things
Jerome Brown Experience
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 29 2012, 08:15 PM) *
and I have no desire to keep him either.........I would rather go with the youth......neither Garcia or Edwards will save a season...and Garcia knowing our system and being able to make the throws that makes the system work are 2 very different things

Yes, I agree with this. I am not as panicked as many about our backup QB situation largely because I think Kafka can hand the ball to Shady and throw passes on short and intermediate routes enough that our defense can give us a chance to win games. Garcia was a great story but let's cut to the chase - this was a guy who almost certainly enhanced pretty significantly during his career and that type of training doesn't age well. In addition to the issues raised above we just wouldn't be getting a guy who is anywhere near what he was when we all got excited about him. Let us keep those great memories.
Bez
QUOTE (Dreagon @ May 29 2012, 01:21 PM) *
Oh yeah, that's just the flavor of drama you guys need. Favre blink.gif
This place still has a few steps to go , but it's definitely getting more Twilight Zone ish. Perhaps Venus going in transit has something to do with it. I like.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.