Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kafka looks improved
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
_KAMELOT_
According to Caplan, the most improved player of the Eagles offense. Can't tell, but it would awesome to have an improved Kafka this year. I always believed the guy is a good player; maybe not a starter, but a solid backup.
Matty™
Trent Edwards has well and truly been put in his place.

I still don't understand picking up Foles when no ones even given Kafka a chance. The games he did appear he's been left to pull of miracle plays and then after throwing hail mary picks has been crucified by fans.

I'm all for putting Kafka in at 2nd string
make_it_rain
QUOTE (Matty™ @ May 24 2012, 02:34 PM) *

Agreed.

It's really unfortunate Maclin jobbed that pass late in the Falcons game early last season, otherwise we would have heard nothing but praise for the guy (Kafka) that was able to come in, on the road, in a primetime game, in the 4th quarter, and lead his team back to a win against the Falcons, and at that point I think Kafka cements his role as the Eagles backup last season. Given how terrible Vince Young was as a backup (KAL correctly pointed out that he was directly responsible for two losses), who knows how the season would have turned out if we had Kafka running the show instead while Vick was injured.

</EaglesWhatIfScenario>
Bez
QUOTE (Matty™ @ May 24 2012, 02:34 PM) *
Trent Edwards has well and truly been put in his place.

I still don't understand picking up Foles when no ones even given Kafka a chance. The games he did appear he's been left to pull of miracle plays and then after throwing hail mary picks has been crucified by fans.

Well , for one thing it could be the mentality that goes along with having your QBs banged up. The only other thing I can figure is they didn't want anyone else taking Foles.
_KAMELOT_
Our QB trio should be Vick-Kafka-Foles, no doubt! Cut Edwards and if the Eagles want/need him back, he will still be available during the regular season.
Matty™
QUOTE (_KAMELOT_ @ May 25 2012, 08:44 AM) *
Our QB trio should be Vick-Kafka-Foles, no doubt! Cut Edwards and if the Eagles want/need him back, he will still be available during the regular season.

completely agree, there was no need to sign Edwards, although once we did there was really no point in us drafting Foles either.

If Foles becomes a starter, guaranteed it won't be wearing Kelly Green.
nephillymike
The article in today's Phila Daily News wasn't that flattering. Says he still struggles to throw a 20 yard out, and needs to get his throws timed better b/c his lack of arm makes it such a priority. No room for error. In a nice way, the article said that Edwards has done poorly. The siad of the three, Foles had the best tools, but obviously would need a while to grasp much of the playbook.
Clamdigger
QUOTE (Matty™ @ May 25 2012, 02:50 AM) *
completely agree, there was no need to sign Edwards, although once we did there was really no point in us drafting Foles either.

If Foles becomes a starter, guaranteed it won't be wearing Kelly Green.

Reid drafts project QB's in those rounds to develop as backups, trading chips or (in theory) future starters. Between Foles and Kafka, Foles will end up beating him out for the backup spot. Kafka was drafted with the intention of grooming him and flipping him for draft picks. Reid and Morningwood need QB's with cannons so they can make the calls that they actually want to make, and of course to utilize Maclin and especially Jackson's deep speed.

The future starting QB will either be a future first round pick or Foles. Kafka will be gone by 2014, I'm sure.
HOUSEoPAIN
It's time to accept the fact that we're once again going to have to get our next 'franchise QB' pretty soon. While it could eventually be Foles, being drafted 88th overall to be a 3rd stringer doesn't exactly give me much hope. Kafka will never be the guy, and Edwards probably won't make the final roster. Vick might be able to chug along for a few more years playing 13-14 games a season, but he'll never see the end of his contract here, he'll be 32 in a few weeks and doubt he can still outrun 25 year old CBs and LBs.
koolaidluke
certainly all 3 are better than McNabb. But then again, McNabb was the biggest fraud in NFL history so that isn't saying much.
_KAMELOT_
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ May 31 2012, 10:02 PM) *
...Kafka will never be the guy...

How do you know that? I'd rather have Kafka than Kolb and if Kolb managed to win games, Kafka can certainly do it. We still have not seen much from Kafka to pull a final judgement on his potential.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (_KAMELOT_ @ Jun 2 2012, 04:40 AM) *
How do you know that? I'd rather have Kafka than Kolb and if Kolb managed to win games, Kafka can certainly do it. We still have not seen much from Kafka to pull a final judgement on his potential.

Well without getting into another debate about the myth of Reid's 'expertise' as a QB coach, everyone we've had under him manages to win games, starters and backups. I don't want someone who 'manages to win games,' I want someone who dominates and wins championships. Being better than Kolb isn't all that hard in the NFL.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (_KAMELOT_ @ May 24 2012, 02:26 PM) *
According to Caplan, the most improved player of the Eagles offense. Can't tell, but it would awesome to have an improved Kafka this year. I always believed the guy is a good player; maybe not a starter, but a solid backup.

If Andy Reid is coach, I absolutely want Kafka as the backup.
Matty™
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Jun 4 2012, 02:00 AM) *
If Andy Reid is coach, I absolutely want Kafka as the backup.

Agreed, Kafka should have been picked above that joke of a man Young, I can only be thankful he's in Chilly Buffalo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.