Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Every time I read about Demeco Ryans
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I'm trying not to let my expectations get too high, but every time I read somethign about Ryans I get pumped about the Eagles' defense. I'm pretty sure the DL is going to be a monster. They're going to know the routine better than last year and now they've got added talent to help.

But it's the guys right behind them that are exciting me, especially Ryans and the difference a proven LB leader should make. Even if he's not the player he was before his injury, his experience in preparation, recognizing offensive tendencies and calling out the right adjustments will be a huge difference for the defense.
When you do your homework and are on top of everything, it establishes you as a leader. The linebackers are supposed to be the leaders of the defense but they haven’t been the last few years because they haven’t been on top of everything.I expect Ryans to change that. Like Joyner years ago, he’ll be able to teach young linebackers like Mychal Kendricks, Jamar Chaney, Brian Rolle, Casey Matthews, and Keenan Clayton how to study and prepare for an opponent. Having an experienced leader like him at the helm will help every player on this defense.
Click ...

koolaidluke
I think Chaney deserves a chance to start the year at MIKE in a system he knows. Last year he was jerked around too much.
Zero
Start over the pro-bowl player?
koolaidluke
I'm not convinced Ryans is still the probowler he was and it I don't want to mess with our team chemistry. We simply cannot afford a slow start this year.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ May 24 2012, 10:38 AM) *
I'm not convinced Ryans is still the probowler he was and it I don't want to mess with our team chemistry. We simply cannot afford a slow start this year.

wacko.gif

I think the Eagles should do the exact opposite of everything you think they should do - then we might see a ring
make_it_rain
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ May 24 2012, 10:09 AM) *
I think Chaney deserves a chance to start the year at MIKE in a system he knows. Last year he was jerked around too much.

I had a post written to sum up my thoughts on this idea, but I honestly think this GIF does a better job of expressing them.
Zero
For once the President made sense. biggrin.gif
Matty™
damn no Chaney can't start over Ryans, Demeco is a beast and he'll invogorate our D no question this year.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ May 24 2012, 10:47 AM) *
wacko.gif

I think the Eagles should do the exact opposite of everything you think they should do - then we might see a ring

Yeah, then we'd still have studs like McNabb and Lito Sheppard. Do I really have to list all the garbage players that have been popular on this board who I have been the only one to point out the truth about?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ May 24 2012, 07:39 PM) *
Yeah, then we'd still have studs like McNabb and Lito Sheppard. Do I really have to list all the garbage players that have been popular on this board who I have been the only one to point out the truth about?

By all means, enlighten me.
koolaidluke
1. Donovan McNabb: everybody here said he was awesome, I said he sucked
2. Lito Sheppard: everybody here said he was awesome, I said he sucked
3. Roy Williams: numerous people here fantasized about getting him, I pointed out that he sucked
4. Ryan Harris: said he blew. Most people here didn't pump him up that much but I was the first to point out he was a worthless piece of shit.
5. Steve Smith: similar to Harris, I was the first to point out that he blew and would make us worse
6. Mike Bell: people thought he could help us, I pointed out he was scum

I have no problem with Ryans, my problem is that putting a new player on the field, especially at a pivotal position like MIKE, could lead to growing pains early in the season and he assimilates the defense. We can't afford any growing pains this year, we need to start fast.
Matty™
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ May 25 2012, 09:07 AM) *
1. Donovan McNabb: everybody here said he was awesome, I said he sucked
2. Lito Sheppard: everybody here said he was awesome, I said he sucked
3. Roy Williams: numerous people here fantasized about getting him, I pointed out that he sucked
4. Ryan Harris: said he blew. Most people here didn't pump him up that much but I was the first to point out he was a worthless piece of shit.
5. Steve Smith: similar to Harris, I was the first to point out that he blew and would make us worse
6. Mike Bell: people thought he could help us, I pointed out he was scum

I have no problem with Ryans, my problem is that putting a new player on the field, especially at a pivotal position like MIKE, could lead to growing pains early in the season and he assimilates the defense. We can't afford any growing pains this year, we need to start fast.

damn straight we need to start fast, we need to come smashing through the starting gates and grab the east by it's neck.

I think Ryans is a perfect pick up, I'd say that I also though Smith was a waster, Williams and McNabb, although even now I still think Sheppard was a good player in Philly.

Saying that I may be a tad biased as one of the reasons for being a Philly fan was when he picked of Bledsoe in Dallas in the 4th and they were on our 5yd line.... returned for a TD... screamed like nowt on earth
D Rock
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ May 24 2012, 02:09 PM) *

Chaney Sux.

That is all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.