Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This is like a contract year for Vick
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
He should realize that if he throws a bunch of INTs or fumbles like last year, this could easily be the end of his time as a bird. (and maybe as a starting QB) That said, I think that with 4 out of 5 OLineman returning from last year, and an entire summer to get the new LT up to speed, he has a much better shot at looking like the 2010 Vick. Truthfully, the OL was a mess for the first 5 games last year and Vick reverted to his old ways having to run for his life. Then he was injured, but he played better in the final few games he started at the end of the year. Add in a very happy WR, who frankly tanked the damn season last year, and a RB who is poised for true greatness, and I think things are pretty bright.

It does fall on Vick's shoulders to regain the style of play he showed in 2010, I think he may well do that mwith confidence in the OL.
Zero
We keep being reminded that this is his first year when he's an off-season as the starter since he was in Atlanta. Will that make a difference? He seems to have the right attitude - at least he's saying the right things. Because he's not a tall guy he and the OL are going to need to work on opening the passing lanes.

There's really more "new" this year than we think about. A new defensive system and NEW DC last year without benefit of these spring work outs really screwed the Eagles last year. A new OL system with two rookie starters. These both impacted the early games and probably the confidence of the players.

There were a lot of new faces last year who are now really getting their first chance to learn together and get to build some "team" together. There wasn't much "team" for most of last year. Maybe the failures of last year could help build a stronger Eagle team this year.
Matty™
Vick can play, and play very well it's just the redzone where he need a slap. If he isn't slipping it to the other team he's fumbling on the goal line.

Vick get the fucker in the endzone.
Jerome Brown Experience
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ May 23 2012, 01:21 PM) *
He should realize that if he throws a bunch of INTs or fumbles like last year, this could easily be the end of his time as a bird. (and maybe as a starting QB) That said, I think that with 4 out of 5 OLineman returning from last year, and an entire summer to get the new LT up to speed, he has a much better shot at looking like the 2010 Vick. Truthfully, the OL was a mess for the first 5 games last year and Vick reverted to his old ways having to run for his life. Then he was injured, but he played better in the final few games he started at the end of the year. Add in a very happy WR, who frankly tanked the damn season last year, and a RB who is poised for true greatness, and I think things are pretty bright.

It does fall on Vick's shoulders to regain the style of play he showed in 2010, I think he may well do that mwith confidence in the OL.

I don't buy into the hypothesis that DeSean Jackson tanked last season at all.

You are describing him as being one of the factors in Vick's demise, I would point out that DeSean played with a QB who was spraying the football around like he was drunk. Playing only 15 games DeSean had 961 yards on 58 receptions last season - While that is a decline from prior years from a Yards/Gm perspective it is far from a "tank," a few better thrown balls and suddenly he is back on pace.

The QB position was a weak spot for us last year. We lost games in crazy ways too - Maclin's drops cost us two wins (obviously there were other factors in the games, but his drops were not at all characteristic and were in clutch moments.).

I hope you are right about Vick, your argument is pretty sound for why he should do better this year.
Birdman420
I think vick and the OL will come together this year, I also think the andy and marty will drum up some really sneaky trick plays to keep the opposing teams defense guessing. We lacked a lot of screen plays last year which has been an eagle staple for a long time, I think if you tie together the threat of vicks arms and legs you can create absolute chaos on the defensive side without having to overwork vick into injury. We need to stop doing conventional drop back and pass any play that we don't run the ball, we need to make the defense second guess going after vick because the play could be going to shady on a pitch/screen or djax/maclin on a reverse.

Linebackers freeze up watching vick on pass plays because they know he could take off and run for the sidelines on any passing down. I imagine vick will be rolling left and throwing to the right a lot this year to draw the defenders and leave shady/djax wide open on the right side.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.