Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jacked, Pumped, whatever, I'll take it.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Flying Dutchman
Multiple reports from the Eagles OTAs that several players have been making good use of their off-season to improve their size and strength. The names which keep popping up include:
Maclin, Matthews, Cooper, Watkins and Allen. I get the feeling that with a reported 99% of the players showing up for workouts at the Linc, strength coach Barry Rubin must have gotten with these guys and directed their training programs. Each of these 5 guys can make good use of a little more muscle at their positions. I 'm disappointed that in the videos on PE.com Jarrett still looks rail thin for a SS.
Zero
And let's not forget Graham. I'm really pulling for the dude. He seems to have the right attitude saying he's "a bust and will continue to be a bust" as motivation. Down to 265 with increased uppper body strength, if he can make the impact we had all hoped for that DL is going to be absolutely fearsome and will take a lot of pressure off of the DBs.
Zero
One thing I noticed watching those videos on the official site, Kendricks is NOT small! He may be shorter than some others, but he looks thicker than Ryans. Matthews looks a lot bigger too. Is it possible the Eagles have LBs now?
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (Zero @ May 23 2012, 07:03 AM) *
One thing I noticed watching those videos on the official site, Kendricks is NOT small! He may be shorter than some others, but he looks thicker than Ryans. Matthews looks a lot bigger too. Is it possible the Eagles have LBs now?

They look like a couple of tanks now. Cooper look like something out of Mr America. Could he and McNutt give us a pair of big strong receivers who can go over the middle and can demolish a DB when the chance comes up. I loved Cooper on STs last year, he was an animal. I can't wait to see these guys hit somebody. I have never been so cranked up about OTAs, it's the football version of a lap dance LOL.
TGryn
QUOTE (Zero @ May 23 2012, 02:43 AM) *
And let's not forget Graham. I'm really pulling for the dude. He seems to have the right attitude saying he's "a bust and will continue to be a bust" as motivation. Down to 265 with increased uppper body strength, if he can make the impact we had all hoped for that DL is going to be absolutely fearsome and will take a lot of pressure off of the DBs.

The weight loss is good news, I don't think he could be an effective Wide 9 DE at 285. Cole is 270, Babin is 267, Curry is 266. As long as we're running Washburn's system, smaller and faster DEs are going to be the name of the game.

Last year was really exciting for all the new guys we signed, unfortunately it didn't translate into actual success. This offseason has been a lot more quiet, mostly taking care of their own guys and settling things down. The draft looks good early on. Everything comes down to whether in 2012 we're getting Vick 2010 or Vick 2011, and if we're getting the Castillo coaching from the first half or the second half of last year. If both of those break the right way, we're SB contenders. Get one of the two, and we make the playoffs. Come up snakeeyes on both, and probably we're looking at blowing the whole thing up.
Jerome Brown Experience
QUOTE (TGryn @ May 23 2012, 08:44 AM) *
The weight loss is good news, I don't think he could be an effective Wide 9 DE at 285. Cole is 270, Babin is 267, Curry is 266. As long as we're running Washburn's system, smaller and faster DEs are going to be the name of the game.

Last year was really exciting for all the new guys we signed, unfortunately it didn't translate into actual success. This offseason has been a lot more quiet, mostly taking care of their own guys and settling things down. The draft looks good early on. Everything comes down to whether in 2012 we're getting Vick 2010 or Vick 2011, and if we're getting the Castillo coaching from the first half or the second half of last year. If both of those break the right way, we're SB contenders. Get one of the two, and we make the playoffs. Come up snakeeyes on both, and probably we're looking at blowing the whole thing up.

As a guy who literally slammed his head into the steering wheel while driving on a highway when the Castillo news got out I hate to admit it but I am not sure that you can say that he did a bad job last season. We installed a completely different defense with completely different players and oh, yeah....we had no offseason.

I thought that Wade Phillips or Zeppo Ryan or even Mike Stoops would look great on our sideline and I was hoping they would move rapidly to get one of those guys and when Juan got tagged I was miserable. But I think that he did a good job. Even when you look at the first half you had so many new guys and so many guys that just didn't "get it" - from Nnamde to Matthews to Chaney to....the list goes on... - it is hard to really cr*p all over Juan.

One man's opinion but I feel pretty good about Juan. Not great, but pretty good.
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (Jerome Brown Experience @ May 23 2012, 01:44 PM) *
As a guy who literally slammed his head into the steering wheel while driving on a highway when the Castillo news got out I hate to admit it but I am not sure that you can say that he did a bad job last season. We installed a completely different defense with completely different players and oh, yeah....we had no offseason.

I thought that Wade Phillips or Zeppo Ryan or even Mike Stoops would look great on our sideline and I was hoping they would move rapidly to get one of those guys and when Juan got tagged I was miserable. But I think that he did a good job. Even when you look at the first half you had so many new guys and so many guys that just didn't "get it" - from Nnamde to Matthews to Chaney to....the list goes on... - it is hard to really cr*p all over Juan.

One man's opinion but I feel pretty good about Juan. Not great, but pretty good.

JB was pretty damn solid on D. Looks like his progeny come up solid too!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.