Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Celtics are the biggest bunch of jobbers I have ever seen
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
koolaidluke
Great game by the Sixers tonight, but the Celtics implosion was just pathetic. Even if the Celtics go on to win the series they have had their honor just destroyed. If the Celtics played the Heat, the Heat would win in 4. At least the Sixers might be able to steal a game from the Heat.

The biggest weakness on the Sixers seemed to be Brand and that big white oaf. If they dump those two this could be a pretty good team.

Ofcourse, none of you probably follow basketball because you are so in love with the piece of shit Phillies. The Phillies era is over. They ruined Philadelphia and now they are going to pay for it.

How does it feel to know that the Phillies won't even make it to the post season this year? And that they will never make it to the post season ever again?
_KAMELOT_
I am a big basketball fan, mostly of european basketball. The NBA has all that stars etc, but they don't play basketball with passion and energy (especialy on defense) until the playoffs begin and that's getting on my nerves. Anyway, Celtics and Sixers will probably go to seven games; on the other hand, I'm not so sure the Heat will go to the East finals.

Apparently, nobody thinks the Spurs can win it again so you might be up for a surprise.

As for the Phillies, I know shit about baseball, but I don't think they're that bad.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (_KAMELOT_ @ May 19 2012, 03:52 AM) *
I am a big basketball fan, mostly of european basketball.

Basketball without black guys is not basketball. I'm not sure what it is but it definitely isn't the same thing we have in America.

The NBA has all that stars etc, but they don't play basketball with passion and energy (especialy on defense) until the playoffs begin

The Sixers are the exception to that rule. They always play hard and since they can't score points, they are dependent on playing great D to win any game, even in the regular season.

I think they should cut two teams out of the playoffs to make the regular season more meaningful. Right now more than half of the teams make the playoffs and that is tard city. Instead they should give the best 2 teams in each conference a first round bye and and have the other 4 fight it out. Also, home court should be for all 7 games. Bet you the teams would play harder during the regular season then.

Anyway, Celtics and Sixers will probably go to seven games; on the other hand, I'm not so sure the Heat will go to the East finals.

Nor am I, the wheels seem to be falling off in Miami. I didn't realize they were struggling until after I made this post.

Apparently, nobody thinks the Spurs can win it again so you might be up for a surprise.

Lol wut? Who said anything about the Spurs? The best team is clearly Oklahoma City. The Lakers aren't supposed to be good but after watching them tonight I am positive they would sweep either the Sixers of the Celtics if they played. I don't know anything about the Spurs or who they are playing but I'm sure they both suck.

As for the Phillies, I know shit about baseball, but I don't think they're that bad.

The only thing you need to know about baseball is that it blows.

The Phillies can't hit and have no bullpen. It's over and they will never make the playoffs again and everybody knows it the same way everybody knows the truth about McNabb. But even though the Sixers are doing well all the homos on Philly talk radio want to talk about is their piece of shit baseball team that will never accomplish anything ever again.
_KAMELOT_
OK, step by step:

*We have black guys playing basketball in Europe, too. Many of them are american. Plus, I didn't said that because I thing european basketball is better; of course not. It's just the fact you see a lot more defense and passion even early in the season. I love the highlights and all that jaw-dropping dunks, but I prefer more intense playing style and tight games.

*I've seen some Sixers game and I really like this team. They're more "european", in a way (like the Spurs used to be). More effort on defense than most of the teams and great team play, not just a couple of stars running the show.

*Can't say much about the Heat...they can be eliminated and they can win the championship - both look possible.

*Thunder is indeed the better team. I just wantes to say that the Spurs are flying under the radar and will reach the conference finals without having to give a lot of effort. I don't think it's that awkward if they win over the Thunder or the Lakers.

*I'll leave the Phillies-McNabb topic to you. I don't know much about it biggrin.gif
koolaidluke
After the Lakers choke job last night it will definitely be the Thunder against the Spurs.

I don't know how good the Lakers are but I think that they are a bad matchup for the the Thunder and that is why OKC isn't totally dominating. I bet OKC crushes the Spurs. There is nobody the East can put up that has a chance against OKC, and that includes the Heat. If Bosh returns and the Heat make it, OKC in 4.

<i> I love the highlights and all that jaw-dropping dunks, but I prefer more intense playing style and tight games.</i>

I prefer that too and I don't find anything particularly entertaining about dunks. My point was that the lack of intensity isn't because NBA players are a bunch of spoiled divas but because the NBA playoff system is retard central. Having the majority of teams make the post season is the gayest thing ever. If they are going to keep this same piece of shit system than they should have the higher seed get all playoff games at home. Lets see the players try to slack off then.

i>More effort on defense than most of the teams and great team play, not just a couple of stars running the show</i>

The Sixers leading scorer ranks 60th in the league. That has to be some kind of record for a team this deep in the postseason. It will be interesting to see what the Sixers are like next year without Brand and Hawes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.