Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who makes the cut on the DL?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
How many DL do they keep? 9? 10?

6 Locks: Cole, Babin, Jenkins, Patterson, Cox, Curry
3 Probable: Landri, Graham, Dixon
3 Bubble: Hunt, Tapp, Thornton

Thornton is probably eligible for the PS again but Hunt, Tapp and even Landri are going to need to fight for a spot, IMO. If they keep 10 my guess is that Tapp is the odd man out, Hunt apparently has bulked up and will have the benefit of an off season to add to his first year on the roster.

Graham is a former #1 who they moved up for so he'll have benefit of doubt. They liked Landri enough to bring him back and it seems we kept hearing his name last year. It also seems like Washburn likes Dixon.

What'd I miss?
Jerome Brown Experience
Per his tweets, Brandon Graham has been in Philadelphia for at least the last month if not longer, working out at Novacare and working with the coaches, so you would hope that he "gets" what he needs to do. FTR, if you have never taken the time to explore Brandon Graham's website and twittersphere you are missing out.......Brandon Graham is not lacking confidence in Brandon Graham.

Agree with your analysis, it is dead on.
Jerome Brown Experience
My father - who is an idiot, but let's table that for now. Nice guy, but an idiot - is betting me that Curry will have 3 or more sacks in the two games against the Cowboys. That should be a great bet....right? I mean....he's a rookie.

Apart from my usual "I never bet against the Eagles" mantra in gambling this should be taking money from a baby (I am not above doing this either figuratively or literally), so why am I struggling with this one????
canadianeagle
As an Eagles fan it would be a nice bet to lose.
_KAMELOT_
Zero got it right, in my opinion. I'd say they keep 10 linemen, with Hunt and Thornton most likely to be cut.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ May 17 2012, 08:00 AM) *
How many DL do they keep? 9? 10?

6 Locks: Cole, Babin, Jenkins, Patterson, Cox, Curry
3 Probable: Landri, Graham, Dixon
3 Bubble: Hunt, Tapp, Thornton

Thornton is probably eligible for the PS again but Hunt, Tapp and even Landri are going to need to fight for a spot, IMO. If they keep 10 my guess is that Tapp is the odd man out, Hunt apparently has bulked up and will have the benefit of an off season to add to his first year on the roster.

Graham is a former #1 who they moved up for so he'll have benefit of doubt. They liked Landri enough to bring him back and it seems we kept hearing his name last year. It also seems like Washburn likes Dixon.

What'd I miss?

well you have to figure Graham will trip in the shower and tear an ACL shortly......if he actually stays healthy I think he and Landri are also locks...They like him alot........Dixon, Thornton and Tapp should worry....Curry eliminates Tapp. Hunt is a wild card.......
koolaidluke
Graham and Landri are locks, Dixon is a guaranteed cut. The sympathy that exists for this criminal never made sense to me. He fucking sucks.

So I guess they keep either Thorton or Hunt, assuming no injuries. Tapp is definitely gone.

Hunt has talent but there are just too many guys ahead of him. On the other hand, when you rotate as much as we do you really want 5 DEs in case there is an injury.

If Thorton can play, then we have to keep him because a quality DT is vital in this scheme. I'm going to assume, however, that he sucks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.