Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boykin
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
Nice pick up
TGryn
Vinny Curry was on PE.com when the Eagles made the pick, and he was ecstatic about it, for what that's worth. We just have to hope Boykin is healthy by camp, and not a repeat of Jack Ikegwuonu. If he's healthy, he's supposed to be an ideal slot CB prospect + returner.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (TGryn @ Apr 28 2012, 01:31 PM) *
Vinny Curry was on PE.com when the Eagles made the pick, and he was ecstatic about it, for what that's worth. We just have to hope Boykin is healthy by camp, and not a repeat of Jack Ikegwuonu. If he's healthy, he's supposed to be an ideal slot CB prospect + returner.

He had a minor fracture of his fibula in Senior Bowl, already healed, nothing like Jack's injury....
Jerome Brown Experience
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Apr 28 2012, 02:06 PM) *
He had a minor fracture of his fibula in Senior Bowl, already healed, nothing like Jack's injury....

Was he fully recovered for his Pro Day? I can't seem to find a link anywhere. This guy definitely addresses a few needs.
Eyrie
Was getting very nervous as the fourth round progressed in case someone else took Boykin, so credit to the Eagles for holding their nerve as he fell to us.
Zero
The dude don't play like a buttercup and he plays defense, special teams and offense. Hmmm.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Apr 28 2012, 01:25 PM) *
Nice pick up

Yes, yes, yes. Two birds with one stone. I love every defensive pick this season.
koolaidluke
Howie said one thing they look for is guys with high round talent who fall because of size concerns. You saw it last year with Rolle who was probably a 1st rounder if he was 4 inches taller and I guess Boykin is this years.

Natural athlete with the speed to cover deep. He's a smurf so people are assuming he was drafted for the slot, but he might be able to develop into a starter. I guess if we just keep taking mid round CBs we have to land a starter eventually.
Matty™
Reid seemed to wait just long enough for Cox and Boykin

great picks
_KAMELOT_
Yes! Don't know how these rookies will be in the future, but honestly, nobody can blame Howie this year...we had a solid draft overall.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.