Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nick Foles
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
TGryn
He has the size (6'5") but isn't nearly as mobile as McNabb or even Kolb. Consensus seems to be that his arm strength is good/good enough to make NFL throws, but not Elway/Farve/Marino level. Some feel he was limited by his supporting cast at Arizona. Looks like a guy who has all the tools but will need some time to develop.

mcnabbulous
I don't necessarily love spending a 3 on a QB, but I'm ecstatic that the pick wasn't Cousins. This pick seems to be outside of Reid's QB comfort zone.

From what I've seen/read, this guy has all the unteachable skills and just needs help with footwork, etc...

And he's from Austin...so he's got that going for him.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (TGryn @ Apr 28 2012, 07:43 AM) *
He has the size (6'5") but isn't nearly as mobile as McNabb or even Kolb. Consensus seems to be that his arm strength is good/good enough to make NFL throws, but not Elway/Farve/Marino level.

Your first sentence says all I need to hear... unless Andy really retools his offense, I don't see him really starting on this team.
The Colts or the Ravens (as a backup) maybe. Less Mobile than Kolb in the NFC East, where even the Buttskins like to rush the QB = Dead Duck. He was a third rounder... but eh. 2013 is the real QB year.
_KAMELOT_
Foles will be better than Kolb. I don't know if he'll do that with the Eagles, but this guy is smart and has a nice arm. Nothing exceptional about him, but if works, Foles will be a legit starter in the future.
Birdman420
at least he isnt noodle arm(you know who)
Bez
So he is an acquisition to be traded in the future. He seems solid as a person and could pan out for a pocket oriented OL .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.