Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kendricks
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
LB corps getting better
Keenan24
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Apr 27 2012, 07:09 PM) *
LB corps getting better

Do we want to try for a safety?
Dreagon
The focus this year definitely seems to be on solidifying the interior of your defense.
Zero
With Ryans in the middle, they must be thinking of moving him outside. That'll give the team two short OLB.

D Rock
Yeah but this one runs a 4.4 forty. I love this pick. He played OLB for 2 years at cal and only played Mike as a senior. If he was 6'4" he'd be a mid first rounder.
Keenan24
Im all for fixing the interior....but I don't know how I feel about our safeties...
Zero
Will he play on the stong side for Chaney or replace Rolle?
D Rock
I'd guess he projects to WILL. Still leaves us w/ Chaney at SAM which is a hole.
mcnabbulous
Awesome. PAC-10 Defensive Player of the Year. A talented athlete who had that all important 'can actually play football' skill.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 27 2012, 08:20 PM) *
I'd guess he projects to WILL. Still leaves us w/ Chaney at SAM which is a hole.

According to spads on eagles live they want him as the SAM
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Apr 27 2012, 08:36 PM) *
According to spads on eagles live they want him as the SAM

According to Reid, you are right. Kendricks starts out at SAM. Exactly where I know I predicted some time ago!
Jerome Brown Experience
I wouldn't mind if the Eagles picked Burfict with any of their next few picks.
Eyrie
Other than the height issue when covering TEs, I'm happy with this pick.
TGryn

Zero
He's supposed to be very good blitzing and his jumping ability should help in coverage.

_KAMELOT_
He'll play SAM...he can cover TEs. But that's why I liked Z. Brown more; he's probably the best at covering TEs in the 2012 class.
Flying Dutchman
Kendricks they say is the fastest LB to come through the combine in like 6 years IIRC and outjumped ALL the secondary candidates there as well as all the LBs of the last 12 years or some such. What's really neat is the kid has been sensational on the field, hits like a mack truck and is an outspoken leader on the field a la Dawkins or for that fact Ryans. With these 2 LBs the Eagles D may have found some sorely missed heart and soul.
Eyrie
Don't forget Rolle - this should be our best starting LBs for years.
Zero
QUOTE (Flying Dutchman @ Apr 29 2012, 03:09 AM) *
Kendricks they say is the fastest LB to come through the combine in like 6 years IIRC and outjumped ALL the secondary candidates there as well as all the LBs of the last 12 years or some such. What's really neat is the kid has been sensational on the field, hits like a mack truck and is an outspoken leader on the field a la Dawkins or for that fact Ryans. With these 2 LBs the Eagles D may have found some sorely missed heart and soul.

The Eagles have always put emphasis on character and leadership since Reid's been here but now they seem to think that adding talent and production to that equation might work. wink.gif This is why I'd love to read that they've added Bell as a FA pick up. Allen, Jarret and Coleman could use that leadership and influence in their development. The more I read about Kendricks the more I like the pick. He says his size is an asset and I hope that's what we see.

BTW, if a 5'11" LB can out jump a 6'5" LB does that mean he's short?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.