Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Janoris Jenkins please
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
That is all
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 27 2012, 06:05 PM) *
That is all

All I've been hearing all day is he's a problem child. A great pick in terms of talent, but is a potential criminal worth it? Just asking.....
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Apr 27 2012, 05:10 PM) *
All I've been hearing all day is he's a problem child. A great pick in terms of talent, but is a potential criminal worth it? Just asking.....

As someone who spent the majority of his early 20's high, and is now a relatively productive member of society, I'm not too worried about it.
Young people like smoking weed. It's Andy's job to make sure he's not a total piece of shit. I have faith in Andy's ability to do so.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 27 2012, 06:35 PM) *
I have faith in Andy's ability to do so.

Yes one of the greatest things I can say about Andy is that he's kept our locker room relatively drama/criminal free. However, it is something to consider. He woul dbe a great pick in terms of talent, so I hope youre right.
Jerome Brown Experience
It is hard to tell with Jenkins whether he is more Warren Sapp or more Pacman Jones. Yes, he has been arrested for marijuana a few times but in addition:

- He has 4 children with 3 women (this is a little impressive and stupid at the same time)
- He has been arrested for punching a guy at a bar and had to be tasered by cops

This isn't a guy who just likes to blaze up and listen to the Allman Brothers.

Having said that......he is a freak. It may well be that playing with Asomugha and DRC will prove to be effective mentorship for him and he will keep his head on straight. Tough to say. I will not be upset if they grab him though. Not at all.

I would also be fine if they picked 2 stud LBs.

I would not like it - even in the second round - if they selected a 26 year old Canadian guard who was a former fireman.

Apparently I am not going to get over this one real soon..........
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Jerome Brown Experience @ Apr 27 2012, 06:43 PM) *

That's my point - having spent a lot of time as a pothead myself, I've never been tasered. The gist is that if you give this guy millions of dollars, he's going to get in trouble. He's a great player but I'm not convinced he's going to be worth it. I guess we'll see.
TGryn
He got kicked out of Florida. You almost have to work at it to do that.
mcnabbulous
Sometimes a punk ass 20 year old needs to get kicked in the teeth. Going from true freshman starter at Florida to Shitbag St. in bumfuck Alabama can do that.
mcnabbulous
Fuck
TGryn
OK, all moot, went to the Rams at 39.
Zero
How about that Brandon Boykin?
mcnabbulous
I'm ok with it, but he is exclusively a slot corner (which we need.) Jenkins could have started there and moved outside in time.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 27 2012, 06:42 PM) *
I'm ok with it, but he is exclusively a slot corner (which we need.) Jenkins could have started there and moved outside in time.

Boykin's a RS too ... right? Two birds one pick. unsure.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 27 2012, 06:49 PM) *
Boykin's a RS too ... right? Two birds one pick. unsure.gif

Yep
D Rock
QUOTE (Jerome Brown Experience @ Apr 27 2012, 11:43 PM) *

But I Am.

cheers.gif
D Rock
The guy's issue is smokin weed, not beating the shit outta prostitutes, fathering children en gross, or killing people while drunk behind the wheel.

I'd take a shot on an otherwise top 10 player.
Dreagon
Actually, now that yall mentioned him I'm sorta glad we didn't have a second round pick. I could just see Jerry packaging all the rest of our picks to reach up and grab Jenkins.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 27 2012, 07:24 PM) *
fathering children en gross

May want to check your facts on that one.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 28 2012, 12:28 AM) *
May want to check your facts on that one.

'doh
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 27 2012, 08:08 PM) *
'doh

In his defense, if there is one thing I enjoy doing after smoking weed, it's sexing a woman sans condom.
Jerome Brown Experience
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 27 2012, 09:18 PM) *
In his defense, if there is one thing I enjoy doing after smoking weed, it's sexing a woman sans condom.

If you can rail the pizza delivery broad it's like scoring a hat trick in the playoffs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.