Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dear NFL
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I'm aware that my opinion is of no interest to you, but I will not watch the draft tonight, tomorrow night or any night. My evenings are for my family. I will not see the commercials so my sub-conscious won't buy the products being advertised.

That's it.

Oh, I used to watch the draft when it was held during the day. I'd watch all day. My eyes would bulge out of their sockets. I'd have a stomach ache from all the food I ate, most of which I'd see on the TV. I'd be hypnotized by the products your advertisers were paying for me to see. I'd buy them despite my better judgment. Those guys are good but now they don't have a chance because I'm going to read about the draft tomorrow. No advertisements, no stomach ache. All the information, condensed, instant and complete.

Sorry, I'm keeping my money, get your's somewhere else. Life is good. Thanks.
Keenan24
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 26 2012, 06:50 PM) *
I'm aware that my opinion is of no interest to you, but I will not watch the draft tonight, tomorrow night or any night. My evenings are for my family. I will not see the commercials so my sub-conscious won't buy the products being advertised.

That's it.

Oh, I used to watch the draft when it was held during the day. I'd watch all day. My eyes would bulge out of their sockets. I'd have a stomach ache from all the food I ate, most of which I'd see on the TV. I'd be hypnotized by the products your advertisers were paying for me to see. I'd buy them despite my better judgment. Those guys are good but now they don't have a chance because I'm going to read about the draft tomorrow. No advertisements, no stomach ache. All the information, condensed, instant and complete.

Sorry, I'm keeping my money, get your's somewhere else. Life is good. Thanks.

I don't know....I work everyday all day and am glad I am able to watch the draft. Change happens...sorry it's not what you want.
Flying Dutchman
I'm with you Z. My wife and I watched a recording we had and then I got on line and found out what happened. Three days is just pure greed. The NFL fits in well with Big Pharma, the Oil Companies et al.
TGryn
Here's what you're missing:

DAY ONE: "Hey, this pick is THE GUY who is going to turn your franchise around. Nevermind you were 1-15 last year, we're talking SUPER BOWL, baby! Buy his jersey at nfl.com TODAY!"

DAY TWO: "These guys are JUST AS GOOD as the first round picks, so please keep watching! PLEASE!!!"

DAY THREE: "You're still watching? What kind of geeks watch the draft on a weekend? There isn't even a GAME being played! We'd tell you to go take your girlfriend (or wife and kids) out to the movies, but if you're watching us, we know that's not an issue for you. Anyway, here's another guy nobody's ever heard of before and we don't even have film on, but we'll now tell you how he's a PERFECT FIT for your team..."
Dreagon
QUOTE (TGryn @ Apr 27 2012, 06:05 PM) *
Here's what you're missing:

DAY THREE: "You're still watching? What kind of geeks watch the draft on a weekend? There isn't even a GAME being played! We'd tell you to go take your girlfriend (or wife and kids) out to the movies, but if you're watching us, we know that's not an issue for you. Anyway, here's another guy nobody's ever heard of before and we don't even have film on, but we'll now tell you how he's a PERFECT FIT for your team..."

Nah, this is where they tell you how Tom Brady was a late round pick and it's just waiting to happen to your team this year!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.