Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Samuel gone...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Rick
Seriously!!?? They traded him for a, "late round," pick!!?? Couldn't get any more for him???

I hope I'm missing something....

Samuel Traded to Falcons
HOUSEoPAIN
The outspoken Samuel probably sealed his fate in Philadelphia when he criticized the front office at the trade deadline, saying management was "playing fantasy football with the owner's money."

That probably didn't help. But yeah, that's retarded, a 'late-round pick.'

I alreayd envision him running one back for a td against us on Oct. 28th - history is with us for the game result though, it's after the bye week.
Rick
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Apr 25 2012, 02:16 PM) *
The outspoken Samuel probably sealed his fate in Philadelphia when he criticized the front office at the trade deadline, saying management was "playing fantasy football with the owner's money."

That probably didn't help. But yeah, that's retarded, a 'late-round pick.'

I alreayd envision him running one back for a td against us on Oct. 28th - history is with us for the game result though, it's after the bye week.

Well, he was only telling the truth. wink.gif

But yeah, I feel the same way. He's gonna burn us.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Rick @ Apr 25 2012, 02:17 PM) *
Well, he was only telling the truth. wink.gif

Yes he was. Point being, if you dare criticize our divine FO, you can say goodbye to your job, or if you're with the Philly media, you can say goodbye to access.
BirdsWinBaby
here is the proof you need....face it, he isnt worth that much. nothing to do with what he said about the FO. no matter what his criticism was, if AR could have gotten a 2nd or 3rd, he would have. he couldnt cuz the dude aint worth it. if samuel could have signed a mega 10million a year contract, he would have. he couldnt cuz the dude aint worth it

"Samuel, who was slated to earn $21.4 million in the final two years, gets an additional year on his contract but the deal maxes out at $18.5 million."

instead of 2 years at almost 11million per...he gets about 6million per and he likely wont see even all of that

his gambling for INTs hurts the entire defense. not to mention his refusal to tackle, switch sides or play press

i know it will be really, really, really hard to make up for all the INTs he gave us last year....we just have to hope that we can get both of them from like a DT or something wink.gif
Jerome Brown Experience
Yeah, the benefit here is the cap hit we don't need to absorb for him so that we can work a deal for Shady.
D Rock
You people crack me up. He's gone because he criticized the front office? Really?

How bout:

He's gone because he's a free lancing fraud who refused to play within the scheme since he got here. That was tolerable while he was getting buckets of INTs, but those stopped happening. For every INT he got us, he gave up 2 TDs by giving a 10 yard cushion on x and goal from the 5.

Good riddance.

And the poor compensation was based on the fact that everyone and their uncle knew nobody (especially not the iggles) was going to pay him 10 mil this year and 11 mil next.

We're lucky to get a 6th for him because he was gonna get released outright if nobody ponied up a token offer for him.
TGryn
I wonder if he was willing to give the Eagles the same contract renegotiation terms he agreed to with Atlanta, or if he'd have considered even being asked to do that just another sign of "disrespect."

I see it as a similar situation as the Ryans' trade, but we're on the reverse side of it this time. Samuel had to go for cap reasons, and he was also not as good a fit in the Wide 9 system as he was with McDermott's. They had his replacement already on hand in DRC, which made the decision easier.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 25 2012, 04:59 PM) *
You people crack me up. He's gone because he criticized the front office? Really?

How bout:

He's gone because he's a free lancing fraud who refused to play within the scheme since he got here. That was tolerable while he was getting buckets of INTs, but those stopped happening. For every INT he got us, he gave up 2 TDs by giving a 10 yard cushion on x and goal from the 5.

Good riddance.

And the poor compensation was based on the fact that everyone and their uncle knew nobody (especially not the iggles) was going to pay him 10 mil this year and 11 mil next.

We're lucky to get a 6th for him because he was gonna get released outright if nobody ponied up a token offer for him.

I agree with your opinion of his play within our system, but he was more valuable than the compensation and Howie butchered the handling of the situation.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 25 2012, 05:59 PM) *

That was tongue-in-cheek. Obviously.

So Samuel's a fraud? Really?!? We Eagles fans have a pretty bad reputation nationwide for being bipolar, and this is a good example of why. He doesn't fit well into our new defensive scheme which is why they got DRC, and for cap room it was the right time to look to send him off. Of course we weren't going to keep Aso, DRC, and Samuel. However, shipping him off for a 6th rounder is a disgrace. The Falcons smelled blood and knew our FO just wanted him gone. This is worse for us than the DRC trade was last year for Arizona.

On a side note, our 'defensive scheme' last year was the problem, not Samuel. Washburn and our corners were the only reason we ever stopped another offense.
Rick
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Apr 26 2012, 10:10 AM) *
On a side note, our 'defensive scheme' last year was the problem, not Samuel. Washburn and our corners were the only reason we ever stopped another offense.

Thank you...
_KAMELOT_
I don't mind Samuel gone. But for a 7th round pick? We should at least get a 5th...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.