Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just curious
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Dreagon
With draft day right around the corner, I think it would be interesting to see people answer the two biggest questions that matter on draft day.

1. Who do you want your team to draft?
2. Who are you afraid your team is going to draft?

and as a bonus,

3. Name two your team may realistically get that at that draft position you could live with.

I'll start...

1. Mark Barron
2. Dontarie Poe
3. David DeCastro, Fletcher Cox
Jerome Brown Experience
1) Kuechly or Cox (assuming you are talking about 1st round only....I have a list....)
2) Poe, Tannehill, Blackmon
3) Reiff, Barron
Jerome Brown Experience
The one guy who I will truly not have any idea how I feel if the Eagles draft him is Quinton Coples. I saw him in beast mode and I saw him look lost playing for UNC. He is my super enigma.

If we don't have a repeat of what can only be described as "The Danny Watkins shitacle" this Thursday I will be pretty happy. I have only cried once in the last 29 years of my life; when I put my dog down 5 years ago. But I came real close as the Danny Watkins announcement sunk in.......
mcnabbulous
1) Kuechly

2) Barron, Floyd, Tannehill

3) Poe or trade back

Honestly, I'm not really in favor of trading up for Cox, as I think that this DT class is deep enough to generate talent later in the first or with one of our seconds. If we do, I won't be horribly disappointed (as I typically am on draft day.)
Assuming we cant get Kuechly at 15 (and i doubt we would even if we could) I would rather trade back, give us more leverage for next season when we are going to need a QB, and take a flyer on a DT or Janoris Jenkins.
Other than DL, I'm not too enthusiastic about what I've seen from this draft class.
Jerome Brown Experience
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 25 2012, 12:26 AM) *
2) Barron, Floyd, Tannehill

What do you not like about Barron? I get a bit nervous that he was playing the safety position on a great defense so he may be overvalued, but he seems to be a decent prospect from the tape.

Totally with you on the other two though.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Jerome Brown Experience @ Apr 25 2012, 08:41 AM) *
What do you not like about Barron? I get a bit nervous that he was playing the safety position on a great defense so he may be overvalued, but he seems to be a decent prospect from the tape.

Totally with you on the other two though.

I think he's the best safety in a very bad class, which will result in a reach. I also think he seems to be very 'in the box' and will be a liability against the pass.

If we weren't willing to take Earl Thomas in the top-15, I don't want to take Barron. Frankly I'd rather take Kirkpatrick and convert him if we're looking to fill that position.
Jerome Brown Experience
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 25 2012, 11:42 AM) *
I think he's the best safety in a very bad class, which will result in a reach. I also think he seems to be very 'in the box' and will be a liability against the pass.

If we weren't willing to take Earl Thomas in the top-15, I don't want to take Barron. Frankly I'd rather take Kirkpatrick and convert him if we're looking to fill that position.

That's a fair point, although he was very good against the pass in the games against LSU and very bad in the game against Florida.

He is not going to be as good as Earl Thomas, but he is a wrecking ball hitter and I think there is some value to that playing on a defense with our CBs. I mean, would you want to run a crossing route anywhere near the Asomugha side of the field if you knew that you had Barron over the top of that?

I guess I am more netting out at "I would prefer others but this wouldn't make me go out to my garage and drink antifreeze" on Barron.
frank4
one answer to the two questions that is the perfect man who has complete grip on the subject.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.