Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speaking of Hall of Famer
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
canadianeagle
While I may have started watching the Eagles because of Randal Cunningham, Brian Dawkins has to be my favorite Eagle of all time. He was a complete player who was an absolute beast on the field. He was a class act both on an off it.

Here's hoping the Eagles offer a one day contract
nephillymike
B. Dawk is my favorite Phila athlete of all-time, any sport, and I've been around for a while.

Good luck in retirement. It would be nice to see him come back for a nice event.
canadianeagle
If the rumors are true not only will Dawk will be retiring as an Eagle but his number will be retired as well.
make_it_rain
He's supposed to be honored in front of the fans on 09/30 for the Giants game. Should be awesome.

Great career BDawk, was always one of my favorite players. He was a real leader and good guy off the field as well, I think it's awesome they're bringing him back for one more game. Hell, bring him back for the whole season, he's an automatic upgrade over the sad sacks we have at safety now.
Jerome Brown Experience
FTR, apparently the decision to never re-issue #20 has been Reid's decision.
Birdman420
We need to make sure the stadium goes completely nuts when they announce his retirement at the game. We need to show our players what it's like to be a legend in a Philadelphia sports team, Make them envy the fuck out of Brian Dawkins and strive to play like a true Philadephia althelete. Only then can any player recieve the highest praise from the most critical sports fans on the planet, If you are beloved in Philly for your athletic play then you know you were simply great and deserve a spot amongst the gods.

Or we can give the typical cheer we gave for Brian Westbrook when he was sitting in the stands watching the cardinals trounce us. I think the best players in the world come to Philly for one reason, they want the love of the philly fans. Of coarse coming to philly to play has it's risks, Failure is never forgotten and more players have been booed by their home town fans then any other two teams combined.

It's been a long time since Philadelphia had a chance to honor a send off for one of it's players for overall exellence during his career here(Reggie white?). I believe that this opportunity is a great chance for the fans to remind the current players what it's like to earn the eternal gratitude of the Eagles fans.
Rick
Just waiting for the post from KAL saying he was a fraud... wink.gif

It is almost as sad a day as when he went to Denver. He is certainly one of my all time favorite Eagles. The defense hasn't been the same since he left.
HOUSEoPAIN
He's definitely my favorite Eagle of all time, if not favorite Philly athlete ever.

This is great, bvut why the hell are we retiring him? Shouldn't we be giving him a 1-year deal? God knows he's an upgrade, and could provide some veteran insight to our younger pukes.
xsv
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Apr 23 2012, 02:13 PM) *
Hell, bring him back for the whole season, he's an automatic upgrade over the sad sacks we have at safety now.

I couldn't agree more, although I think he's retiring becuase he wants to, and not because he has to.

It is almost as sad a day as when he went to Denver. He is certainly one of my all time favorite Eagles. The defense hasn't been the same since he left.

The day he went to Denver hurt *almost* as bad as the day Reggie went to GB.

nephillymike
QUOTE (xsv @ Apr 23 2012, 03:48 PM) *
I couldn't agree more, although I think he's retiring becuase he wants to, and not because he has to.

The day he went to Denver hurt *almost* as bad as the day Reggie went to GB.

The day he went to Denver hurt me more then when Reggie left. When Reggie left, he threw in the "God told me to go" crap which turned me off a little. Also, Braman was a cheap bastard who wouldn't go for water, there were never any expectations that he'd keep anyone once they were eligible for free agency. Lurie, on the other hand, did keep people around when they were free agents, loved character players and Dawk could still play. That day was a travestry in all respects. You can probably still search those Eagles ass kissers on this site who said it was the right move and B. Dawk was done. A few all-Pro/ Pro Bowls later, we stil have nobody in the safety corp that can carry his water. Call it karma.

What I would do, is have him suit up one last time (not active of course as the neck got the best of him), but have him do the Dawk strut and lead the team out of the tunnel. That would be awesome. The place would go nuts.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 23 2012, 09:08 PM) *
What I would do, is have him suit up one last time (not active of course as the neck got the best of him), but have him do the Dawk strut and lead the team out of the tunnel. That would be awesome. The place would go nuts.

Now that would be an amazing send off. The Linc would go absolutely insane.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.