Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I would vote myself for the Hall of Fame
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I never played the game to make it to the Hall of Fame. I played the game because I love it. I played the game to win because Im a competitor. When I step out on the field, I feel like Im the best player on the field. Even these last two years, and people may look at it and say, Oh, hes done. Im 34, 35 years old but I still played at the pinnacle, at the highest level of my career. I played there. I would vote myself for the Hall of Fame and I played with probably two or three Hall of Famers. When you sit and look at the numbers and thats what it is when it comes to the Hall of Fame. My numbers are better than Jim Kelly, than Troy Aikman and a lot of guys in the Hall of Fame, but the one thing they have is a Super Bowl.

Who am I?
canadianeagle
lets see...has he been sighted eating chunky soup?
Dreagon
I actually kind of hate seeing this. He used to be a "hated" rival but he was at least one that usually comported himself with a modicum of class. He seemed to understand that when it came to some things, the less said the better. But now tt seems that lately he's sort of lost his bearings over how he comes across on certain issues and really needs to relearn the art of maintaining a dignified silence.
TGryn
"The big game still is the NFC Championship Game"

That explains a lot.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 19 2012, 06:33 AM) *
I actually kind of hate seeing this. He used to be a "hated" rival but he was at least one that usually comported himself with a modicum of class. He seemed to understand that when it came to some things, the less said the better. But now tt seems that lately he's sort of lost his bearings over how he comes across on certain issues and really needs to relearn the art of maintaining a dignified silence.

the "modicum of class" you speak of was AR's influence. a guy with class might have an occasional lapse in civility due to anger or drinking but this guy's recent agenda is premeditated and choreographed. he is free of AR and now you are seeing who this guy always was

he doesnt know his skills are depleted but he knows even if he can find space on a bench somewhere, he is near the end. these rants are designed to get his name in the media again so he will not be forgotten as he slides into a network job when he stops trying to play football. he was a communications major after all so he isnt doing this by mistake. no pub is bad pub and all that

his problem is that he has never realized how much he rubs people the wrong way with the passive aggression. you can laugh your way thru an interview saying that shanahan is a fraud, ripping present players, nobody was ever more criticized than you, or you think you are a HOFer but people recognize bitter rants and tire of it quickly. if you make a name for yourself as a guy with an axe to grind against EVERYONE, it colors people's perception of you which means that even if you are being objective, viewers will tune you out. he is killing his broadcast career before it starts
Zero
QUOTE (TGryn @ Apr 19 2012, 07:29 AM) *
That explains a lot.

I thought the same thing. What a shame he had/has that attitude.
koolaidluke
I don't agree with him but I think he has a point. I actually kind of admire him for being so honest about how he feels.

I don't think he's being classless cause it isn't like he is disrespecting anybody, it's just that he seems to regard himself as better than most people do.

And by the way, I don't think that there is any question that 2003, 2004 and 2008 McNabb was a legitimately HOF worthy QB. It's just the rest of his career that's the problem.
HOUSEoPAIN
He's trying to get his name back in the news is all - it's not an accident he starts getting network gigs now. The 'I'm the most criticized QB in history' thing was over the top, this just seems to be a heartfelt answer to a question.
Eyrie
Much as I loved him as a player, this is getting embarrassing.

He should be concentrating on saying the right things to get himself a regular media gig, as opposed to being wheeled out for a whining interview.
nephillymike
One thing that irks me is the "Six time pro bowl" accomplishment.

He got voted in twice and was a willing injury replacement as the 1st, 2nd or 3rd alternate the other four times.

I agree that Andy lent him more class than he's had.

It is embarrassing.

I thought when he left here, he was two good seasons (PB type) and one or two more of solid starter seasons from being a Hall of Famer. He fell flat on his face when he left, to embarrassingly low levels. The only way he will see the HOF is if he pays to go like you or I.

A shame really.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 18 2012, 06:59 PM) *

He said this BS, just to make you all (especially the troll Eagle fans) mad. Ignore it.

He's still better than Aikman, and Eli (Aikman 2.0) given what he had to work with in his prime years.
Worked to death, generally unappreciated, cast off to horrible teams.

Any QB that has to work with the likes of Torrance Small, Charles Robinson, Todd Pinkston (who shies away from contact worse than DeSean, a smaller, yet infinitely more valuable WR) and FredEx as your leading WRs in a pass-heavy offense, never mind making the playoffs with those guys, may not deserve the HOF, but he deserves respect.

If you can't do that, then lick a dirty toilet bowl.
HOUSEoPAIN

He said this BS, just to make you all (especially the troll Eagle fans) mad. Ignore it.

DMac's revenge - pissing off the trolls? I didn't think of that, but it would be pretty funny if that's what's going through his head, trying to give people like KAL an aneurysm.

Charles Robinson

Charles 'Johnson' you mean - it's ok, I wish I forgot his name too. Don't forget our #1 for our 3 NFC Champ game losses in a row.....James Thrash!

If you can't do that, then lick a dirty toilet bowl.

cheers.gif
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Apr 20 2012, 09:21 AM) *
Charles 'Johnson' you mean - it's ok, I wish I forgot his name too. Don't forget our #1 for our 3 NFC Champ game losses in a row.....James Thrash!

Yeah, I always get those names mixed up. They sucked. Na Brown ("soft hands") SUCKED. The best WRs were TEs (like Chad Lewis) and freakin' Brian Finneran, LOL.

When he got on the team, Brian Westbrook was way better than the actual WRs on the team.

It's amazing that the Eagles even put up points in games much less made the playoffs, even with that defense, or that McNabb didn't have any MORE INTs than he did for his career, considering his tendencies, and his personnel for the majority of it. Though T.O. didn't play in the NFCCG of the 2004 season, the only reason the Eagles won that one, was that they ran against a coach that was arguably DUMBER than Andy, trying to recreate "Andyball".

Not until Jason Avant was drafted, did the Eagles start to get a group of WRs that were actually worth their salt (and weren't acquired from another team). Avant, then Jackson, then Maclin. I'd even argue guys like Riley Cooper, Clay Harbor (TE), and certainly Brent Celek (TE) were better than the guys McNabb worked with not named T.O. or Westbrook.

Pinkston might be the worst NFL WR ever. He stood up big time in the Super Bowl, but outside that game, he routinely was the shining example of the Eagles' horrible talent scouting. He was only good for speed and nothing more.
HOUSEoPAIN
When he got on the team, Brian Westbrook was way better than the actual WRs on the team.

Yup. It seemed like every other play was a screen pass to Westbrook - our o-line was all-world back then (it seemed like 3 or 4 of them would make the Pro Bowl every year), and Westbrook was extremely talented, so it ended up working out. Also Buckhalter was good for those kinds of plays as well. I always said that if not for the double-threat Chad Lewis posed in our offense (taking heat off of Westbrook, and his own ability to catch and run), we might have been just above mediocre during those years.

Pinkston might be the worst NFL WR ever

Ok KAL - haha. Worst? Not remotely close. DId he completely suck ass? Yes.
BirdsWinBaby
Dmac does get respect for winning as much as he did.

Dmac doesnt get a pass for not winning more than he did.

Dr. Claw
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Apr 20 2012, 09:55 AM) *
Ok KAL - haha. Worst? Not remotely close. DId he completely suck ass? Yes.

I struggle to think of WRs worse than Pinkston. I mean, from a skillset perspective. Pinkston was speed and sometimes hands. Which WOULD make him Troy Williamson but honestly I'd rather have Quincy Morgan than Pinkston.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Apr 20 2012, 01:13 PM) *
I struggle to think of WRs worse than Pinkston. I mean, from a skillset perspective. Pinkston was speed and sometimes hands. Which WOULD make him Troy Williamson but honestly I'd rather have Quincy Morgan than Pinkston.

He was a complete pussy with the heart and work ethic of Ricky Watters. Otherwise, I think he had potential - he was never going to be GREAT, but I think he could've been serviceable as a #2 for the long-term - instead, he decided to suck ass and bow out at the first sign of a bruise on his leg.

What's really scary is that a few years ago Pinkston was actually invited to training camp to help Dave Culley in coaching and evaluation of WRs. We can debate about Pinkston's wasted potential/lack of potential, but the fact that our brass invited him to COACH 3 years after he was finally cut is a real head-scratcher.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Apr 20 2012, 01:42 PM) *
What's really scary is that a few years ago Pinkston was actually invited to training camp to help Dave Culley in coaching and evaluation of WRs. We can debate about Pinkston's wasted potential/lack of potential, but the fact that our brass invited him to COACH 3 years after he was finally cut is a real head-scratcher.

Yeah, I saw that, and I was like: for all the roasting McNabb gets... I'd rather have McNabb back on the Eagles in a Swoop Suit than Todd Pinkston being ANYWHERE near the Eagles organization. I'd rather have HOYING back than Pinkston.

D Rock
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 19 2012, 11:33 AM) *

If by "class" you mean pointing fingers, blaming team mates and getting fat in the offseason you're correct. This guy is plumb stupid. The guy has a vocabulary of about 200 words evidenced by the nausiating and constant erronious use of the phrase "and things of that nature."

Class? He should spend some time in a 5th grade English class.

Fucking Fraud.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.