Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Predictions based on schedule
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
bebina
at Cleveland - W
vs. Baltimore - L
at Arizona - W
vs. New York Giants - W
at Pittsburgh - L
vs. Detroit - L
BYE WEEK
vs. Atlanta - W
at New Orleans - W
vs. Dallas - W
at Washington - W
vs. Carolina - L
at Dallas - L
at Tampa Bay - W
vs. Cincinnati - L
vs. Washington - W
at New York Giants - W
SpudDogg
Win vs Detroit
Win vs Cincy

just sayin...
nephillymike
11-5, 3-3 Div, losses @ Pit, NO, Was, Dal, NYG
Birdman420
Everyone always marks az off as a win and look what happend to us last year when az had their 3rd(?) string qb kick our ass
Dreagon
At least you guys have a fairly balanced mix of home and away games. Some idiot only gave us three home games through week eleven. And even then we finish on the road at Washngton. Blech!

You guys have an intriguing primetime games vs the Saints and Panthers this year. Ya'll play the Bengals in primetime too but I think you guys will destroy them.

Oddly enough, the game I'm looking forward to most on our schedule will be the Thanksgiving Day game vs Washington. By then, RGIII will have a decent command on his offense so they should be very tough. But it's been forever since we played the Redskins on Thanksgiving, and those are usually awesome games.
koolaidluke
I look at it like this, for the first 6 games of the season I expect the Eagles to be a bad team. Not as horrible as they were initially last year, but bad.

so you figure we start 2 and 4.

Over the next 10 games, Vick should miss 2 and be so hurt in a 3rd that he won't be able to play well. Let's say we got 2-1 in those games. Now we are 4-5.

If you just look at the last 7 games of the season, I think we are better than all of those team if healthy. If you assume that the better team wins 80 percent of the time than we should win 5 to 6 of those games. Let's be conservative and say we win 5.

So that is a final record of 9-7. You could also make a case, however, for 11-5 if the ball bounces are way enough times. If you take the average of the two that gives us a final record of 10-6.

10-6

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Apr 18 2012, 12:11 PM) *
I look at it like this, for the first 6 games of the season I expect the Eagles to be a bad team. Not as horrible as they were initially last year, but bad.

so you figure we start 2 and 4.

Over the next 10 games, Vick should miss 2 and be so hurt in a 3rd that he won't be able to play well. Let's say we got 2-1 in those games. Now we are 4-5.

If you just look at the last 7 games of the season, I think we are better than all of those team if healthy. If you assume that the better team wins 80 percent of the time than we should win 5 to 6 of those games. Let's be conservative and say we win 5.

So that is a final record of 9-7. You could also make a case, however, for 11-5 if the ball bounces are way enough times. If you take the average of the two that gives us a final record of 10-6.

10-6

We're actually in agreement, so perhaps I better rethink my position.

Yeah I think we start 2-4, Vick will eventually miss a few games, we'll have our annual inexplicable loss at some point (Cleveland, Arizona, etc.), and then we'll get hot, and finish around 10-6, before an early playoff exit.

I DO think we'll get slaughtered in a few games, against Detroit, NO, and Balt/Pitt won't be pleasant games.
Eyrie
After careful consideration and reflection, I think that the following is possible*

at Cleveland - W
vs. Baltimore - W
at Arizona - W
vs. New York Giants - W
at Pittsburgh - W
vs. Detroit - W
BYE WEEK
vs. Atlanta - W
at New Orleans - W
vs. Dallas - W
at Washington - W
vs. Carolina - W
at Dallas - W
at Tampa Bay - W
vs. Cincinnati - W
vs. Washington - W
at New York Giants - W

*and reserve the right to blame Reid for any results that may differ from my predictions.
koolaidluke
If you don't like Reid, this is your year. Anything short of a Superbowl victory and he doesn't return. I think that there is a pretty good chance he wouldn't be back even if he won a Superbowl.

Kindof a win win for you
make_it_rain
I think 10 wins is probably the ceiling for realistic win expectations for this schedule.

That being said, although the teams we play are tough, layout wise, the schedule's not that bad...certainly not as bad as the gmen or dallas.

A nice even Week 7 bye (LOL @ the giant's week 11 bye), no bs Thursday night games in Seattle, decent home/road balance, early games against Cleveland and Arizona, and 5 nationally televised games.

I expect the division games to be tougher, maybe 4-2 or even 3-3, which leaves room for losses against New Orleans, Pitt, Baltimore, Detroit.

This is about as decent of a schedule as we could ask for, given our opponents (who we already knew).

Plus, as I mentioned before, no Bears this year, which is usually a guaranteed loss cool.gif

eaglesflow
at Cleveland - W
vs. Baltimore - L
at Arizona - W
vs. New York Giants - W
at Pittsburgh - L
vs. Detroit - W
BYE WEEK
vs. Atlanta - L
at New Orleans - W
vs. Dallas - W
at Washington - W
vs. Carolina - W
at Dallas - W
at Tampa Bay - W
vs. Cincinnati - W
vs. Washington - W
at New York Giants - L

12 -4 it will be a solid year for us. Schedule is not too bad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.