Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Let's Go Flyers!!!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
I love the way the Flyers have turned the Pens inside out and are the verge of sweeping 'the Stanley Cup favorites'
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 16 2012, 08:54 PM) *
I love the way the Flyers have turned the Pens inside out and are the verge of sweeping 'the Stanley Cup favorites'

The template has been there for years - get those two whiny little bitches frustrated, knock em on their ass a few times, and they're rendered neutral. It's happened every time for years when we've gone after them.
make_it_rain
I dont follow hockey that much, but usually tune in during the playoffs because the intensity level skyrockets, plus it gives you something to watch on most nights. Most games are pretty intense and entertaining.

With that said, this last week of the playoffs has been nothing short of a bloodbath. Holy shit, how many suspensions were given out? Can the pens even field a regulation roster with all the players that got suspended/ejected? That game 3 was an absolute circus, but youre also seeing brawls, dirty hits and cheap shots in other series' as well.... the Rangers/Senators series and Blackhawks/Coyotes have both been pretty dirty.

What I'd love to see, is the NHL equivalent of "miked up" where you can hear all the shit talking that goes on on the ice during the playoffs. That shit would be so CA$H.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Apr 18 2012, 02:47 PM) *
What I'd love to see, is the NHL equivalent of "miked up" where you can hear all the shit talking that goes on on the ice during the playoffs. That shit would be so CA$H.

If you watched 24/7, they have a LOT of that. Also, while I've never heard of an official 'mike'd up' thing in the NHL, during reruns (NHL Network, VS.) you can pretty much hear everything they say, they communicate by voice on the ice and from the bench after all. It's just a matter of censorship and the audio they allow you to hear, obviously during a live game they're not going to subject the audience to shittalking.

Also, while most of these guys are Canadians and at the very least can curse in basic English, what's even funnier is watching games with my Russian friend, who can translate what all of them are saying, the ones who can't speak English still talk shit, but nobody understands what they say haha.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.