Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: When skies are gray....
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Dreagon
Whenever your team has you down in the dumps, try and remember these guys.
make_it_rain
lol, before I even clicked this link I thought to myself "This has got to be a link about being a Browns fan or something"

man, it must suck to live in Cleveland.
Dreagon
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Apr 4 2012, 06:02 PM) *
lol, before I even clicked this link I thought to myself "This has got to be a link about being a Browns fan or something"

man, it must suck to live in Cleveland.

I used to have a roommate who was a lifelong Cleveland Browns fan. I have never seen so much suppressed anger bottled up in one human being before in my life. And he was a postal worker too laugh.gif

Edit: This was back when Houston had the Oilers, so he got to see at least 2 games featuring the Browns every year. I made him drink out of paper cups when those games were on because I literally feared for my TV. And words can not describe the depth of hatred this man had for John Elway.
HobbEs
And words can not describe the depth of hatred this man had for John Elway.

It must be somewhere in the neighborhood as his hate for LeBron James. Seriosuly, I feel bad for Cleveland fans. Between Elway, Art Modell and LeBron they've had a rough go.
Dreagon
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Apr 5 2012, 08:20 AM) *
It must be somewhere in the neighborhood as his hate for LeBron James. Seriosuly, I feel bad for Cleveland fans. Between Elway, Art Modell and LeBron they've had a rough go.

lol! True! I swear, the FDA ought to just go ahead and make being a Cleveland fan qualify a person for a Valium prescription.

I would tell him, "Dude, I understand the Elway thing...I used to feel the same way about Montana...but there comes a time to let it go and just admit the guy was great."
No dice.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 4 2012, 01:45 PM) *
Whenever your team has you down in the dumps, try and remember these guys.

Philadelphia sports fans have long had a claim on misery, but Cleveland always somehow makes us feel a tad bit better. I'm very glad we won the 2008 WS after a long drought, but our teams are almost always contenders at some level, at least they have a chance to make the playoffs every year, as opposed to the never-ending misery of Cleveland.

Two thoughts come to mind when I think of Cleveland - John Elway pissing on a Browns jersey, and a squad of NFL referees legitimately fearing for their lives as they run into the tunnel to escape the merciless barrage of bottles and other debris being thrown at them. I forget what game that was, but I remember thinking they made a bullshit call which basically cost the Browns the game, and I remember chuckling, imagining how pissed I would be if I were a Browns fan, and then I remember watching how pissed ACTUAL Browns fans were, as they proved me wrong.
Dreagon
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Apr 5 2012, 09:10 AM) *
Philadelphia sports fans have long had a claim on misery, but Cleveland always somehow makes us feel a tad bit better. I'm very glad we won the 2008 WS after a long drought, but our teams are almost always contenders at some level, at least they have a chance to make the playoffs every year, as opposed to the never-ending misery of Cleveland.

Two thoughts come to mind when I think of Cleveland - John Elway pissing on a Browns jersey, and a squad of NFL referees legitimately fearing for their lives as they run into the tunnel to escape the merciless barrage of bottles and other debris being thrown at them. I forget what game that was, but I remember thinking they made a bullshit call which basically cost the Browns the game, and I remember chuckling, imagining how pissed I would be if I were a Browns fan, and then I remember watching how pissed ACTUAL Browns fans were, as they proved me wrong.

If they ever actually win anything over there, the reaction is going to be epic. The government will either have to send in troops...

...or an entire division of doctors to deal with the millions of people staring in shock at their TV screens.
Birdman420
shit even they're best player hillis is considering going into the CIA instead of playing another season with those losers lol
Bez
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 4 2012, 06:42 PM) *
. And words can not describe the depth of hatred this man had for John Elway.
Gotta admit Elway's role for Denver is creepy. You look back to his playing days and see the corporate image developing into what he now embodies. Alan Parsons wouldn't want to be like you comes to mind. Picture Elway in a Dracula outfit , it works.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Bez @ Apr 5 2012, 12:52 PM) *
Gotta admit Elway's role for Denver is creepy. You look back to his playing days and see the corporate image developing into what he now embodies. Alan Parsons wouldn't want to be like you comes to mind. Picture Elway in a Dracula outfit , it works.

Oh, I agree. What Elway has become is just unsettling.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Apr 5 2012, 11:59 AM) *
shit even they're best player hillis is considering going into the CIA instead of playing another season with those losers lol

lol!

"Hey didn't you used to play for the..."
"Shhhhh! I'm undercover."
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 5 2012, 04:26 PM) *
lol!

"Hey didn't you used to play for the..."
"Shhhhh! I'm undercover."

laugh.gif

The first undercover operative to constantly be asked to sign autographs in public
Sandor
Willie Mays
Ernie Davis
trading Rocky Colivito for Norm Cash
10 cent beer night
Burning of the Cuyahoga
Terry Bradshaw/Three Rivers Curse
City default
Ted Stephans (worst owner in sports ever [NBA])
Red Right 88
The Drive
The Fumble
The Shot
Art Modell
Jose Mesa/Tony Fernandez
The Decision

I think I've gotten everything covered.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Sandor @ Apr 6 2012, 09:59 PM) *
Willie Mays
Ernie Davis
10 cent beer night
Burning of the Cuyahoga
City default
Red Right 88
The Drive
The Fumble
The Shot
Art Modell
Jose Mesa/Tony Fernandez
The Decision

I just googled all of that. Holy crap, it's like somebody in Cleveland kicked God's dog or something.
Sandor
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 6 2012, 11:19 PM) *
I just googled all of that. Holy crap, it's like somebody in Cleveland kicked God's dog or something.

I guess we can blame John D. Rockefeller or John Hanna. (Both from Cleveland during the 1800s)
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Sandor @ Apr 6 2012, 10:59 PM) *
Willie Mays
Ernie Davis
10 cent beer night
Burning of the Cuyahoga
City default
Red Right 88
The Drive
The Fumble
The Shot
Art Modell
Jose Mesa/Tony Fernandez
The Decision

I beg to differ - while your list is impressive, you forget to mention the fact that an entire trilogy of comedy movies is dedicated to the plight of the Cleveland Indians - and worse yet, it stars Charlie Sheen.

Honestly come to think of it, we don't know how lucky we are not to have been born and raised in Northern Ohio.
Sandor
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Apr 7 2012, 01:16 PM) *
I beg to differ - while your list is impressive, you forget to mention the fact that an entire trilogy of comedy movies is dedicated to the plight of the Cleveland Indians - and worse yet, it stars Charlie Sheen.

Honestly come to think of it, we don't know how lucky we are not to have been born and raised in Northern Ohio.

Worse than Howard the Duck? Well, maybe the third major league movie.
P.S. I was born and raised in Northern Ohio (because my mom left Philly for school outside of Cleveland, 50 years ago)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.